1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Linea/Punto - Maintenance Cost of Ownership

Discussion in 'Pre service query' started by VahanPujari, Jul 14, 2011.

1. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Maintenance cost at 99 paise per km only at 56,200 km

My Linea had a new set of 4 Good Year GT3 tyres costing Rs 4,400 each at Chandigarh at 52,000 km during my recent Himachal Pradesh trip. I topped up half-litre of the engine oil at Bilaspur. After returning to Bangalore, I again topped up another half-litre of engine oil emptying the 4-litre can of Selenia K that I had! My Linea has so far consumed about 5 litres of Selenia K for top-ups only apart from replacement during servicing. After updating these expenses, I find that my Linea's maintenance cost works out to mere 99 paise per km only at 56,200 km that she has run so far.

32265d1351238142-my-fabulous-fiat-linea-maintenancecost%4056200km.png
    3 people like this.
  2. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

A Normal petrol engine should not consume any engine oil.Ravi sir,dont you think its abnormal?
    1 person likes this.
  3. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    According to the SA at Concorde Motors, consumption upto 250 cc/1000 km is perfectly alright for a 1.4 FIRE. It is also well within the limit specified in the owner's handbook. I always keep the engine oil at the maximum level.
  4. OCTANE

OCTANE Amatore

Cochin
    Whats the expected cost for 4th service of linea 1.4 FIRE?? My linea is 3 years old with 18k on the odo and concorde is quoting 9000rs including changing gear oil, power steering fluid and coolant. I have not changed these till now.. Also should the coolant and PS fluid be topped up or changed? My hornpad has failed and they say it doesnt come under warranty and costs 300 rs too.
    What do you guys think??
  5. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Mine is Rs. 1.59 per km with 75K km service cost to be added next month.

I've already posted details in my Ownership thread but since this is a dedicated Cost of Ownership thread, cross-posting the details here too:

3.5 Years...72,250 kms & counting !! My Linea drives like a charm ! In another month, would be approaching 75K kms service. Here are the exhaustive details of all services/ running repairs of my Linea till date.

Snapshot at a Glance:

No. of TASS visits : 32 in 3.5 years (for which I found some or the other documents/ record)
    TOTAL COST (INCLUDING ACCIDENTAL & EVERYTHING) - Rs. 146799
    TOTAL COST (EXCLUDING ACCIDENTAL REPAIRS) - Rs. 115194
    COST OF OWNERSHIP (EXCL ACCIDENTAL) RS. PER KM (72,250 KMS) - Rs. 1.59 (This will increase as 75K kms service is approaching and that cost will have to be added )

No. of instances of Spare/ Parts replacement - 39 (only non-accidental parts...accidental parts are excluded)
    Of which, instances of Parts replaced under Warranty - 25
    Instances of Parts replaced on Paid basis - 14

Multiple instances of same parts replaced:

Central Fascia - Twice
    Anti Roll Bar Ball Joints - Twice
    CSC - Twice
    Wiper Blade - Twice
    Elastic Pads - 3 times
    Strut Mountings - Twice
    Brake Pads set - Twice
    Brake Discs - Twice
    Clutch Kit assembly replaced - Twice

Excel sheet is too long, hence attaching in parts

32341d1351361036-fiat-linea-1-4-fire-emotion-pack-linea-cost-ownership-oct12-1a.jpg

32272d1351247878-fiat-linea-1-4-fire-emotion-pack-linea-cost-ownership-oct12-2.jpg

32273d1351247946-fiat-linea-1-4-fire-emotion-pack-linea-cost-ownership-oct12-3.jpg

32274d1351248005-fiat-linea-1-4-fire-emotion-pack-linea-cost-ownership-oct12-4.jpg

32275d1351248109-fiat-linea-1-4-fire-emotion-pack-linea-cost-ownership-oct12-5.jpg

List of Spares/ Parts Replaced :

32276d1351248171-fiat-linea-1-4-fire-emotion-pack-linea-cost-ownership-oct12-6-parts-replaced.jpg
    3 people like this.
  6. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Routine yearly service costs me around Rs.10,000,for my MJD Linea.Though it's not very expensive(surprisingly both petrol and diesel models cost around the same for routine services),it's not cheap either,Octavia I've heard also used to cost the same for routine services.But,if I look at it this way,my earlier petrol Swift cost me 6k per service every 6 months,hence servicing Linea becomes cheaper,but TASS charged me Rs.250 for just cleaning the pollen filter(mine is an active version and it's an easy job which I did not know)
  7. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    A customer typically looks at not only routine service but his Cost of ownership even if accidental cost is removed particularly if he has to repair the car thro' non-scheduled running repairs.

e.g. in my case out of Rs. 1.15 Lacs spent (excluding accidental repairs/ parts), only Rs. 20K was towards routine service (i.e. only Engine Oil, fuel/ air/ pollen filters etc excluding other parts replaced during scheduled service)
  8. paritosh

paritosh

Pune
    Got my 1st Paid servicing Done @ 32K and @ 3 yrs for 1.4 Punto
    Total charges Rs.6750.
    The major charges included belt changes which costed close to 1K. Rest on the engine Oils(4L) and labour.
    Will upload the cost sheet shortly.
  9. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Can you share the place where you did the servicing. The amount looks very reasonable for paid service.
  10. paritosh

paritosh

Pune
    I did it with Pandit Motors Tilak Road. There is no other option

Paid Service Charges are 950
    Alternator compressor Belt - 448
    Power Steering Belt - 663
    Labor for belts - 750
    Aircon duct cleaning -450
    Engine Oils 1826
    Fuel Filter 456

All prices excl VAT, ST etc etc.
    I have listed only items which are more than Rs 200

Total Bill was 6848( incl all taxes)

Brake Pads were fine and so was clutch feedback.