1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Linea/Punto - Maintenance Cost of Ownership

Discussion in 'Pre service query' started by VahanPujari, Jul 14, 2011.

1. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Can you give the itemize amount. Is 20K for tire is additional to 22.5K?
  2. extr3mex

extr3mex Amatore

Cochin
    so, for paid service @ 45,000kms for GP 1.3 will come upto 12k uh?
  3. ashtek

ashtek Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I have just given my 1.3MJD E for 2nd free service, it has done 11.5K km.
    They have given me an estimated total cost of Rs 6,150

Oil changes = Rs 5,200 (replace E/O, O/F, D/F, A/F, AC/F, W/w)
    Labour = Rs 250
    A/C Cleaning = Rs 700

And I have complained about these issues - hope there won't be any additional charges

1. Noise from dashboard and from indicator lever/steering base
    2. Noise from right front door (this has been fixed 3 times so far)
    3. Noise from rear right power window while rolling up
    4. Check rear suspension - when I go over a speed-breaker, there's a 'dab' sound and I feel that the sound is more from the left side.
    5. Slight steering vibration at low speeds and while turning (note: brake discs were replaced under warranty @ 10K km due to vibrations at high speeds)
    - I'm not really sure if this is steering feedback or there's some vibration.
    If there are any Punto owners in Whitefield (Bangalore), please let me know, I want someone to drive my vehicle and see if this is normal or or not.

Will update the actual cost once I get the vehicle.
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    In free service there should be zero labour cost. Why they charged Rs. 250. Is there any extra work other than that is mentioned in manual. I think in second service only engine oil changes. All others are top ups.
  5. ashtek

ashtek Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Even I was thinking that labour charge should be zero, will ask him when I go to collect the car.
    The manual is in the car, so I cannot check if there's anything extra other than those mentioned in the manual :-(

I have not seen A/C cleaning done in 2nd free service in this thread? Also, replacement of oils & filters costs Rs 5200?
    Most of the people in this thread have paid around 5K for 2nd free service, just wondering why they have quoted Rs 6150?
  6. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    They usually quote estimate bit higher. Check the final invoice when you collect the car.
  7. ashtek

ashtek Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Just called the SA and asked him about AC cleaning - he said it is not in the service manual, it is better if you do it thatz why included, etc..They put some liquid inside the a/c vents I guess.

I asked him not to do it now. Anyone has got this done during 2nd service? Any idea if this is essential?
  8. ashtek

ashtek Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Collected the vehicle. Final quote: Rs 5,388 (receipt attached)

Steering vibration seems to be solved - SA said - it was because the nuts in the steering column were too tight and also due to wheel alignment.
    Noise while rolling up rear window is also fixed.
    Noise from dashboard remains - he has asked me to go again next week...according to him it is because of the music box fitting - needs to be removed & refitted

2nd-Svc.jpg
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2012
  9. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    My Linea had her fifth paid servicing done on 17 Sep 2012 @ Concorde Motors, Mysore Road, costing Rs 5615. The cost per km works out to 70 paise only.:)

ServicingCost.png
    3 people like this.
  10. raj@tfi

raj@tfi

Bangalore
    Hi Ashtek,

I stay in Old airport road, HAL.. When i am driving alone, and if the speed is not too less while getting down a speed breaker, a thud sound is produced from the left rear tyre....