1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Linea/Punto - Maintenance Cost of Ownership

Discussion in 'Pre service query' started by VahanPujari, Jul 14, 2011.

1. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    cost per km make sense when one does the servicing after completing 15K interval. Otherwise his cost will shoot up just because he hasn't used car much. Let us assume that in the following cases Rs 15000 is the total amount payed for service.

1. service done after 15K in 1 year => cost(Rs per km) =1
    2. service done after 5K in one year => cost =3
    3. service done after 15 K in 7 months => cost=1

It looks that the in case 2 the vehicle had high maintenance cost.
  2. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    In case 2, why should the cost be Rs. 15,000 for just 5000 kms? It should be nominal, at the most Rs. 2,000 to 2,500.

It's becoming increasingly clear that Linea and Punto are costlier to maintain, especially in Mumbai.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2012
  3. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    But the 5000K is done in one year. The service cost will be same. If we do the servicing with less mileage on odo then will there be any price reduction?
    please correct me if I am wrong.
  4. Arryan

Arryan Regolare

Bhilai
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks Amit for starting such a thread.
    But I saw very little participation in this thread.
    All the fiat owners in TFI please come up with the actual maintenance cost of your cars so that all of us can gain some knowledge.
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
  5. 1st free service ~900Km = 0/-
    2nd free service ~3.5K KM = ~3k/-
    3rd free service ~11.5K KM = ~3k/-

1st paid service due in sep'12 = finger crossed.

No other issues or cost what so ever (denting/painting not included as all those were driver's fault). So ur mostly right as observed by me with avg. running 6K KM/year.
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
  6. VahanPujari

Mumbai
    For 5000 kms, why should the cost be Rs. 15,000? Should be only engine oil change and other routine service, unless some part conks off at 5,000 kms only and TASS charges hefty labor cost.
  7. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Did 4th Service (paid) on second week of April 2012.
    Routine check ups, fluids update, Oil and filter change.
    Total Cost Rs.8780/-
  8. VahanPujari

Mumbai
    Roy

Please post break up of cost. AM particularly keen to see labor costs though it does not seem to be an issue in Kerala.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2012
  9. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    15000 has been taken for demonstration purpose. All I want to say is that the when we calculate maintenance cost per kilometer the coast for person whose usage is very less, maintenance cot per km will be higher. Now my punto has covered 10K and by my 3rd service in October the mileage will be maximum 13K-14K. So I will divide the total money spend till that day by 14K kms. If the mileage were 30K in October I will be dividing the total coast by 30K resulting much lower maintenance cost per km. But the service cost will be almost same whether I have covered 14K or 30K because the clause is 15000 kms or 1 year for service.

@Royj : The coast seems reasonable. Was there any extra item other than that is not part of that is mentioned in manual.?
  10. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    sungoa, I'd agree with you the cost of maintaining any car would be inversely proprotional to the mileage clocked.
    Drive more and you will end up reducing the cost.

However this also has a flipside. Drive more and more are the chances of things getting screwed up and so does the cost of ownership.
    But a clean/hassle free drive will definitely be worth the service expenses.

Secondly, what i do to not feel the pinch during service times is to do a simple SIP, put 1000rs into a cupboard every month so that during service intervals it can be used and you wont feel the pinch at all.. :)