1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Linea/Punto - Maintenance Cost of Ownership

Discussion in 'Pre service query' started by VahanPujari, Jul 14, 2011.

1. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    SA says he poured 4 ltr coolant there. When I asked about 50% water mixture hoe said water was not added. I saw the coolant. It was darkest without water. Somehow this service was atrocious. BTW, what is the coolant capacity?
    EDIT: 7.6 ltr coolant capacity. But why 40% coolant 60% water mixture is not done. Could have saved me Rs. 500 :(. Seems this time SA's only agenda was to inflate the bill to earn more incentives.
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2012
  2. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    VP, The coolant needs to be diluted. My god, this TASS is a horrible one.
  3. sreedhara_bj

sreedhara_bj Amatore

Bangalore
    Here is scanned copy of 3rd free service which I got it done last Saturday. Total kms done - 17400/-.

Offtopic : The last T-Jet+ (which is on display) @ Concord motors, Dairy circle apparently got sold for 9.5 lacs :p

3rd Service.JPG
  4. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I assume you asked them to replace trans oil, power steering oil, brake fluid, and coolant. And I see 3 litres of coolant. Did they pour it entirely undiluted? It is supposed to mixed with water. I had replaced coolant as part of third service, and required only 2 litres.
    Not to make you feel bad thinking you spent to much:Isn't standard checks supposed to be free as part of the third free service?
  5. sreedhara_bj

sreedhara_bj Amatore

Bangalore

I didn't ask them for anything specific. This was as per standard - SE told me.

Coolant i doubt whether he put 3 ltrs. But how to cross verify ? other than standing there and watching.
  6. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I asked about the fluild replacement because you had done only 17k kms. As per Punto manual, you need to replace fluids only at 60k. Have a look at page 140 from the owners manual.
    service.jpg
    bibin likes this.
  7. sreedhara_bj

sreedhara_bj Amatore

Bangalore
    It has 24 months also :) . Thats y he replaced i guess.
    1 person likes this.
  8. VahanPujari

Mumbai
    It seems Tata and Fiat do not have or do not force TASS to follow any standard guidelines.

How can some TASS fills and charges for 3 or 4 ltrs coolant when all it requires is 2 ltrs?

How are some TASS charges for 4 ltrs engine oil saying only 4 ltrs can is available while other TASS charges for loose 3.2 ltrs oil? Fortune always charges for 4 ltrs engine oil.

These are the basics to provide delightful service. And think who desperately needs to provide such customer service! and still does not even ensure basics.
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
  9. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    VP, What about the other fluids used in car. Any idea whether they have used the prescribed fluids. Recently they used TVS DOT4 brake fluid for top up. But the manual says Tutela. May be both have the same specification. But why they practice filling with different brands other than that prescribed in manual?
  10. VahanPujari

Mumbai
    I've no idea which all fluids they used. I'm spoiled since quite sometime sending driver to get the car serviced.