1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Linea/Punto - Maintenance Cost of Ownership

Discussion in 'Pre service query' started by VahanPujari, Jul 14, 2011.

1. brandnewpunter

brandnewpunter Amatore

Chennai
    Do we have to do wheel alignment and balancing at the service centre if the car is in Warranty. Can you please tell for which repair can they point to this and not honour the warranty?
  2. avnsiva

avnsiva Amatore

Chennai
  3. DOT

DOT Timido

Bangalore
    Should be useful - source team-bhp

1.jpg 2.jpg
    Prashant Teki likes this.
  4. Kaushik Talauliker

Kaushik Talauliker Novizio

Margao Goa
    Margao - Goa
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Hi
    Just to clarify one important point. Here in Goa during every service they charge 500 Rs + taxes for diagnosing the car using their Laptop interface. This laptop they use to check the sensors and other electrical Faults. Once i argued for charging the same. I even told them that this is part of your equipment to check. Tomorrow they will even charge to use their spanners and other equipment for maintaining. On this they just kept quite.
    So guys is this the standard rate to be applied for diagnosing? Since in this thread i have no where found that it is charged?
  5. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hello Kaushik,
    As far as I know separate charges are always applicable when diagnostics are run on the car. This is a common practice across all the manufacturers and usually they plug the computer only in-case they see any errors on the MID or any issues reported by us. Taking the preventive route is good to ensure that no errors are recorded on the memory.
    Check the post above by DOT and under general maintenance section the third option that says "Diagnosis through FIAT diagnostic tool" - charges are Rs 250/-. So by all means Rs 500/- is twice the regular amount mentioned as per FIAT standard charges.
    You for sure have a point to demand an explanation from the dealer for double the charges.
  6. sdp1975

sdp1975 Amatore

Bangalore
    The rate chart posted above is wef April 2013. Is that the latest or there's a new one ? Rates would have increased in the last 2 years.
  7. Kaushik Talauliker

Kaushik Talauliker Novizio

Margao Goa
    Margao - Goa
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Tha
    THANKS PRADEEPM
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 3, 2015 ---
    PLEASE HELP ME OUT.
    My linea MJD has done 84500 km. Had done my service on 75000km. Issue is i am facing lack in turbo. So i researched lots of forum on this website. Final culprit in this issue is MAF Sensor that what the outcome has shown in our thread. So i talked to SA in Goa and he told they have never came up in this MAF sensor issue. So he told the cleaning needs to be done first for Snorke Hose / MAF Sensor/Hose (filter to turbo charger) / turbo charger / EGR . They will remove all the carbon deposits if any. If still problem persist then shall look into replacement of any faulty parts.
    Shall i go ahead with this procedure. Total cost estimated Rs1500/- only . Well satisfied with the cost if the problem is solved.
    Have taken appointment on 7th April .
    Along with this i shall replace all my below before my 90000km schedule as i am worried a bit for further consequence
    1)Engine / Gear / Power steering / brake fluid Oil
    2) Coolant change
    3) Fuel / oil filter
    3) Airfilter / Pollen Filter will not be done as done on 84000 km.
    Additional Work
    1) Checking cranking sound from engine after starting and after 2 to 3 sec then becomes smooth noise (as SA recognised Culprit is belt. Had done replace during 60000km)
    2) Check Suspension will do replacement if necessary (last done on 40000km)

Will update on the final cost incurred.
    Regards
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
    PradeepM likes this.
  8. avnsiva

avnsiva Amatore

Chennai
    Its given in the rate chart that clutch overhaul labour charge in 1500. But if you see, they ll charge for removing pipes, bumpers, ..etc and etc. The rate card is just another ploy to fool us. For me, all the time, the bill does not adhere to the rate cards.

Recently I cleaned the EGR, inlet pipes and intercooler. I was there with the mechanic in Ramkay during the repair. It took around 3 hours for them to complete the work. Ramkay did not apply the 350 per hour rate in the bill.

They charged me for removing and fitting the bumper, cleaning the intercooler, each inlet pipe, EGR seperately.
    PradeepM likes this.
  9. ViPr

ViPr Amatore

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    KPR likes this.