1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Linea/Punto - Maintenance Cost of Ownership

Discussion in 'Pre service query' started by VahanPujari, Jul 14, 2011.

1. PraveenP

PraveenP Timido

Bangalore
    I am quite surprised by the amount of labor charges and the lack of consistency. I have a similar experience for my niggling AC problems with Vecto Motors. After visiting the service center 3 times , it has been found that the evaporator needs to be replaced (As usual part out of stock :( , expected in a week) and the quote is Evaporator - 4000, Labor charges - 5000. The labor charges really baffle me.

There should be a transparency atleast from Fiat on the service and the labor cost. Skoda with a similar A.S.S reputation, today has on its website under service menu, breakdown of the parts that are being changed and the cost of labor. Fiat can do something similar otherwise the trust factor will hit absolute rockbottom.
  2. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    75K service recent bill. Anybody?

They charged me around 1600 for labour. I thought only 60K service was expensive and the others are a bit cheaper. The labour entry says says 60K, when i asked them to add a different one, they say it's same for all service intervals.
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2014
  3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Anna,
    i have not done my proper service for 75K and now ready to skip 90K from service centre,due to lack of service centre in my location.Hence decided to do it on my own.
    In a service the major things as we wll know is Engine Oil and Fuel Filter,if you get these things changed outside the mechanic charges hardly 300INR.
    if anything goes wrong i dont see if any components are covered under warranty,eventhough fits in warranty you need to chase them.Big headache.
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Adding to cost, KM covered 57K km. Cost this time Rs. 20K, 2K for accidental and other cost, so counting 18K.
    After 57K, cost per KM - Rs 0.89
  5. Crazy Fiatian

Crazy Fiatian Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    My Linea MJD's 1st Service Bill Copy :

IMG_20140520_110027346.jpg
    2 people like this.
  6. kiranrv

kiranrv Amatore

Chennai
    My Dynamic Punto's Pre 1st Service Bill Copy (Free Coupon provided by Ramkay):

Punto-Free_Pre-firstservice coupon.jpg
    2 people like this.
  7. Samy Alamuri

Samy Alamuri Amatore

Bhimavaram, India
    Yeah I was also quoted Rs.3000/ labour charge for timing chain replacement and they quoted Rs.4000/ for clutch replacement.More over the labour charge is nearly almost the amount of the required spare parts i.e(clutch~Rs.6000/ and timing chain~Rs.4000/) labour charge Rs.7000/ . I've got the work done with the help of known mechanic for labour Rs.3000 for whole work.3men worked for finishing the job within 5 hours. Workshop guys just stealing from us. Many suffering due to higher labour charges is there no remedy for this ?
  8. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    Fiat Linea MJD Emotion:

First Service @CAI FIAT,Coimbatore: This turned out to be zero though with engine oil top done but at the cost of losing the pen drive :mad:.

Second Service @Marvel FIAT,Erode: The attempt to search for a better service station didn't go in vain and it came in the form of Marvel Fiat at Erode(Same in Trichy as well).As promised by them ,the cost came at Rs.6002 but to my surprise it was quoted Rs.8400 around by Truesai,Salem (inclusion of some fancy items as stated by Ramjn).The service at Erode was very very satisfactory right from their approach,service,bill etc.I will open a separate thread in service review for Marvel Fiat,Erode(I guess there is none).

Marvel.jpg
  9. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    75k service bill

service_bill.jpg
  10. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Mileage shows 40K only.

I am at 43.5K now and in another 1500 km (approx a month's time), I have go to for 45K service. How much should I expect for Linea?