1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Linea/Punto - Maintenance Cost of Ownership

Discussion in 'Pre service query' started by VahanPujari, Jul 14, 2011.

1. sudipz

sudipz Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Linea T-Jet
    Hello .. Having to replace strut pads quite frequently, say 5k KM, this I believe would be the third time changing it at current 33k odo.. Inputs please.
  2. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Way too high labour
    Please send this to mangesh, they are making sincere effort to streamline and seems like some sc are decided to screw it up.

Sent from my ✈✈ using Tapatalk
  3. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    old practice at aadya! a previous post in another thread:
    sometimes it happens with all of us but we should make it a practice to question the labour charges
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  4. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    I will make my effort to bring this to mangesh. If all of us take these overprice issues, they will be more cautious.

Sent e-Mail to mangesh.kodalkar @ fiat
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  5. sdp1975

sdp1975 Amatore

Bangalore
    I think some of the ASCs are still selling OTC parts, Ravi did mention that Vecto is still selling OTC. 99rpm is always there.

Last week KHT changed my air filter assembly and put 550/- bucks for the labor. Asked them to check a coolant leak - they changed 3 collars and put 750/- labor. I spoke to their workshop manager and told them flatly that I would stop coming here if these were the labor rates. After haggling they reduced it by more than half - they said that they were reducing the rates as I was a regular customer there.

How are the rates in Maruti/Hyundai ASCs for doing similar work - are they comparable or lesser ?

Again there are large variations in the labor rates between cities. I think these should be brought to the notice of FIAT. I think that the spares are still reasonably priced but the labor rates are going through the roof.
  6. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    The issue is not charging the labour cost to the customer per say, but the inconsistency of these rates from one service center to the other. If these were defined by Fiat and dealership has no free hand, all I can see a small discount to the tune of 5-10% at the discretion of the dealer than the rate itself being completely different. On raising questions, how can a substantial discount be given. If this is being done then it implies, no proper job codes are used to charge labour which is causing this ambiguity.

Probably, an initiative of the collating these costs across service centers and different cities will throw up more information and this could be taken up with Fiat. The labour rates could and should differ by cities based on the standard rate per hour. The operational times for example, time taken to clean brakes should be the same across service centers which should not differ unless it is an exceptional case. Then the labour would be defined by standard rate as per city * operational time.
    3 people like this.
  7. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The price of whole timing chain kit has been reduced to Rs4000 by Fiat, yet the labour charges for timing chain replacement are a whooping Rs3000 at Speed Fiat Chandigarh. This is just the quote given verbally. I am sure they will put more when bill is printed.

Last week I got left front wheel bearing replaced at Speed Fiat. I was told verbally 3 days before that bearing costs Rs1680 and labour charges are Rs350 something.

When I went for replacement I was told Rs1700 for bearing, Rs350 labour and Rs150 for outside job (hydraulic press). Final bill had Rs370 labour with taxes and Rs200 outside job+taxes. So total labour I paid was Rs600 against Rs350 told to me initially.

They also inflate the bill by putting Rs40-50 extra for everything.

I bought 4 linea steel rims from speed fiat on 25th december 2013. They charged Rs100 just for opening a job card for doing counter sale. The bill says Rs100 charged for changing rims though I had simply bought them over the counter.

I cant complain as FASC is my only option. I had once asked for a coolant bottle of 1liter. Thry said please bring car and get it topped up as counter sale is not allowed. Am I supposed to pay for opening up a job card everytime I have to fill coolant. My coolant stock is about to get over. I hope they sell coolant over the counter at least this time.

The price of FIAT OEM side indicator is Rs60 at 99rpm. Speed Fiat charged Rs100. These Rs50-100 extra doesnt matter but when you combine the extra you have paid over the year, these add up a lot.
    2 people like this.
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  9. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    Just a suggestion Sudipz... avoid speeds at speedbreakers and take care on the those patches on road which tend to be at a lil higher side tahn other road.. especially the joints in cemented roads which are misaligned.. crossing in high speed on those is the major reason for struts pads damage...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  10. sudipz

sudipz Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Linea T-Jet
    Hey Shashank,
    Thanks. This input helps. Mumbai concrete roads are quite a menace owing to the misaligned ends! This time some inner bearing joint of the steering had to be replaced.
    I've had multiple part changes and most of them had two replacement each, however Mangesh refuses to believe he sold me a lemon. Car is out of warranty in few months and I'm thus super worried.
    Fiat isn't listening at all!