1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Linea/Punto - Maintenance Cost of Ownership

Discussion in 'Pre service query' started by VahanPujari, Jul 14, 2011.

1. manudon

manudon Timido

Bangalore
    3rd Service @ Vecto motors

Third service cost - 11,489 @Vecto motors Bangalore or my 75HP MJD. Completed 30k km in 18 months. Includes brake pad replacement.

Second service - 5400.

Regular maintenance cost = .57 Rs per KM (excluding charges due to own errors)

6tS66YS9N6tC7RYT4gPUE03M.jpg 3Y7E6788ARRH3C34t721324V.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  2. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    60000 kms paid service:

for punto 75 hp

SAM_1201.JPG
    1 person likes this.
  3. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    60k service bill here. A major part of the service cost is for labor. Costs of all the major parts/fluid have increased by Rs. 50-150. That adds up too. The ODO reading in the bill is wrong. It is close to 32K. Highlighted are the items that added to the service cost this time.
    60kservice.jpg
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  4. deba

deba Amatore

Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh
    itanagar
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Punto MJD 12113 kms odo, as of now Maintanance cost Rs0.
  5. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Auxiliary/accessory drive belts were not replaced. They didn't have stock? Concorde Motors, Mysore Road/Dairy Circle did not do engine oil flushing in any one of the five services to my Linea. Neither did I ask for it. It is not required, IMO. The labour charge for replacement of timing chain seems to be very high. The part numbers were not mentioned; I think the CRM/DBM software is not yet functional.
  6. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Auxiliary/accessory drive belts were not available. They say it will take couple of week get them. Order seems to be placed already. The SA told me he will inform me once the part i in stock.
    I too did not ask for engine flushing, but they did it as part of 60k service. I have another post on the forum where SC claimed that warranty will become invalid if engine flushing is done. may be it more relevant for diesel engines where soot deposit will be more.
    And yes, labor is quite high, almost double the cost of the parts, wondering how they estimate labor cost.
    FIAT CRM is not yet in sync with the ASS, so the bill is not in proper format. I don't when FIAT is going to get these basic things right.
    This screen grab is from a spreadsheet I gathered from somewhere.
    pulleys and belts.png
    1 person likes this.
  7. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    My Linea's sixth servicing details are here.

16.jpg
    3 people like this.
  8. NAREN64

NAREN64

COIMBATORE
    What would be the cost of a 60k kms Service for Linea MJD. Fiat service center has informed me that it would be 24k plus clutch is very low & repair charges would 9k.

Is it correct, can any one clarify.
  9. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    After the 45,000km service my total maintenence cost has come to 42,594Rs (Excluding all the fancies like remap/stickering/timely balancing and so on).

Cost of ownership : 0.99 rs/km
  10. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    60K service would include Major Serving ( All Oils change ) + Timing Chain Replacement.
    So it would cost you approx 10k for Major service + 8 to 10 k for Timing chain that comes to 20K.
    If you are willing to change Brake pads, then Service bill might shoot up to 24k as informed by SC.