1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Linea/Punto - Maintenance Cost of Ownership

Discussion in 'Pre service query' started by VahanPujari, Jul 14, 2011.

1. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    I have got my car serviced at Tejaswi Motors. The exclusive service center is still under construction and might take couple of months before it becomes fully operational.
  2. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad

Cleaning the AC filter??? Damn, that wiremesh filter crap costs Rs.49 something for a new one, hope they didn't charge you more than that for cleaning. On the flip side, I don't seem to understand why they have to replace a wiremesh filter during every service when there is nothing to get clogged up in it, Cleaning it with a brush would make it as good as new.

Also, you didn't mention above, but i hope they replaced and billed you for the oil filter too.
  3. N Kiran

Hyderabad
    Well, its my mistake, it was not mentioned on the bill. They haven't charged for cleaning the AC filter, but I saw it on the Job card where they mention the tasks that have been done on the car. Also, I was not charged for removing the dent of the engine guard plate, which was one of my complaints.

I can not scan the bill now and will do it later. But the following is the break-up of the invoice

ENG OIL-DSL 210L SYNTHETIC (LOOSE) 3.5 Ltrs: Rs.1986.92 (Rs.567.69/Ltr.)

OIL FILTER: Rs.358.95

AIR FILTER ELEMENT: Rs.262.88

FUEL FILTER W/O WATER LEVEL SENSOR ASSEMBLY: Rs.1,746.72

CRC STEEL PUSHROD WITH RUBBER BOOT: Rs.453.27 (Waived off after raising an issue)

TOTAL 3rd Free Servicing Bill : Rs. 5,153.00
  4. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Kiran - Does Tejaswi Motors / Malik / Concorde Offers EGR Cleaning - As my Punto Nearing 43k i wanted to get it done during this service .. Last time i enquired with one of mechanic over there- He simply said that Fiat does'nt recommend any thing apart from Regular service.. baffled with his reply..I am looking for any dealer in Hyd who can offer EGR Cleaning.
  5. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Kiran- I think straightening the plate is part of their normal checks during the service. Concorde straigthened mine without complaining during the regular 30 K service while Tejaswi charged me Rs. 300 when i went there specifically to get the Plate fixed.

Shashank - I don't think these guys being their Lazy selves will ever be able to do a tedious job like EGR cleaning. I'll try to find a competent mechanic outside to get something like this done. I've hit 40K too, so will have to send mine for service in the next 3-4K.
    1 person likes this.
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Mods Note - Please ONLY post the servicing cost, all other posts/discussions will be deleted from now.
    Please use other sections to discuss on the servicing costs/issues.
  7. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    My Linea Scores 10/10 In Maintenance

The maintenance cost per km works out to mere 99 paise in case of my Linea at 57 k km. My Linea never got stranded on the road; I have never faced any shortage of spares; my Linea has been treated with love and affection not only by Mysore Road Concorde but also FASS at Amritsar, Kolkata and Patiala. Today, I replaced the air filtering element bought from Dairy Circle Concorde as it was not available during the fifth paid servicing of my Linea. My Linea scores full 10 out of 10 when it comes to maintenance cost.:)

MaintenanceCost12Dec2012.png
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
    8 people like this.
  8. ashtek

ashtek Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi raj@tfi
    Did you get this resolved? I too have this problem - if I go over speed braker, there's a thud sound from front left tyre - not every time, only if the speed is slightly high. I'm confident that they cannot fix it (based on my past experience) - I had complained about this during 2nd service but nothing happened so I have just ignored this issue.
  9. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Got 4th Paid Service done at Tejaswi Motors.
    Total Bill : 6153 Rs.
  10. N Kiran

Hyderabad
    Could you please put across the break down of the total bill? How much did they charge you for the Labour cost at the end?