1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Linea/Punto - Maintenance Cost of Ownership

Discussion in 'Pre service query' started by VahanPujari, Jul 14, 2011.

1. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Its just a typo probably, it should be 0.01 L.

Price is definitely high, Sonax/Waxpol windshield additives cost much much less than this OEM thingy. AFAIK, Weurth has some kind of contract with TATA/FIAT for accessories and stuff. Almost all TASS I come across have this particular brand of additives, sun-films, under-body coating, etc.
  2. savinvas

savinvas Novizio

Bangalore, India, India
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    "You have been conned for 250 INR, for so-called 'consumables', while they have charged you even for waste and super glue itemized.

A similar item was there on my bill from KHT, but was promptly removed once I questioned them."

Hi Driv3r, I exactly asked the same question to the SA Bharat. He was not able to answer me what exactly that was about, whereas they charged stuffs like cotton waste and superglue. However, I did not insist to remove it from the bill since I was not sure whether it is usual thing during service.

- - - Merged Post - - -

SA had checked with me regarding nitrogen filling while I gave the vehicle. It was filled as I agreed. ( Rs 100 for filling all 5 tyres )

- - - Merged Post - - -

I had asked about this to the SA on what they are adding as I used to top-up only with water. He said they add a solution which keeps the windscreen clean
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Mods Note - Please stick to topic, for any service center comments go to service centers review.
    Also, please don't put any personal comments.

I can see few items which are not clear to me, we must ask why these are charged, ex - Sealing Washer, Super Glue, CAP Black & Blue. Unless there were some reasons, no idea what is these.

I think, per his post, he must have requested.

This comment is un-called for, how do you know they have not done this.

Again, lets keep this thread out of discussion, and keep it as database for service cost.
    Also, putting the details like Vahanpujari has put in first post, would be great.
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2012
    2 people like this.
  4. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    UPDATED COST OF OWNERSHIP WITH 75K KMS SERVICE COST:

Here is my "marathon" Cost of Ownership Excel (continued from last updated with inclusion of this 75K kms service cost).

Important points to note:

• Engine Oil is billed for only 3.5 Ltr. I was always curious to know why some TASCs bill it for 3.3/3.5 Ltrs while others bill for 4 Ltrs. Fortune, Sakinaka had always billed me for 4 Ltrs whereas Fortune, Nerul billed FastLove (if I remember correctly) and others for 3.3/3.5 Ltrs. When I asked Fortune, Sakinaka long back, I was told that they do not have it in 1 Ltr cans but have only 4 Ltr cans. I used to get back remaining oil around 0.5 ltrs to be kept in boot.

• With Clutch kit, there is a Shaft which is changed. It was never done at Fortune.

• This is the 3rd time I changed the Clutch (2nd time it got burnt in a month)

TOTAL COST (INCLUDING ACCIDENTAL & EVERYTHING) - Rs. 159633
    TOTAL COST (EXCLUDING ACCIDENTAL REPAIRS) - Rs. 128027
    COST OF OWNERSHIP (EXCL ACCIDENTAL) RS. PER KM (75,000 KMS) - Rs. 1.71

Fortunately, due to cost-effectiveness of this service, Cost of ownership per km is not increased much from Rs. 1.59 earlier.

Linea - Cost of Ownership-Dec'12-75K kms.jpg
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  5. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I have a query regarding engine oil part No. In my case the part No given is 9999-9(other item-9) but I have seen with other petrol owners it is different.
    What is part No 9999-9 ?
    Even with others some of the invoice is mentioned as FIATOIL5W40SYNT but with others it is in digits Why this difference?
  6. VahanPujari

Mumbai
    ^^
    Sunil,

In my 45K kms service at Fortune, Engine Oil Part no. mentioned is 0059064667

However, in this service, it is mentioned FIATOILPTL.

This is one of the many mysteries ! :)
    1 person likes this.
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I think, if they use can of 1 lt or 4 lts, they provide actual code, but when they use from big drum, they give this FIATOIL... and in 2nd case they normally charge exactly 3.3/3.5 lts.
    I am not 100% sure though.
    1 person likes this.
  8. VahanPujari

Mumbai
    Looks to be logical. And may be code for 1 ltr can and 4 ltr can can be different.
  9. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Got my 3rd free Servicing done today. The cost came to Rs. 5153/-
    As with all ASSCs, I had some issues, few resolved, few haven't been and are now postponed to next week. Overall I am happy as my car now sounds much sweeter and has become more smoother. I will give a detailed report in the respective dealer's thread on monday.

BTW, I was charged for replacing some metal rod in the clutch assembly. I raised a question, that I have never complained about the clutch and I was not informed about this replacement and even if it is a Fiat recommended replacement it should have been FOC under warranty and is not payable by me. The CRM intervened and got the additional amount (Rs.457) deducted from the final bill. I still have to visit the ASSC for replacing the brake pads which were out of stock today.

P.S: The bill amount of Rs.5153 consists of charges only for cleaning the AC filter, replacing Fuel and Air filter and Engine Oil. No OTHER consumables were charged.
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    ^^ Where did you service your car, Kiran? Does Tejaswi have exclusive service center?