1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Linea/Punto - Maintenance Cost of Ownership

Discussion in 'Pre service query' started by VahanPujari, Jul 14, 2011.

1. OCTANE

OCTANE Amatore

Cochin
    I had my Linea 1.4s 4th service done from Concorde,cochin for an amount of Rs.7700. They had asked me to drain and replace coolant and brake fluid in addition to this but I decided not to because both these were replaced during CSC upgrade and AC upgrade after 1.5 years of ownership. Overall experience was good except those guys leaving a mark on the beige portion under the menu button while trying to open it. I was getting petrol smell for the past 3 or 4 months whenever I fill above 35 litres from both the rear tyre walls especially on the right. I had asked them to check it and they said everything is right and there are no leaks but now I am getting a far more sharper smell nowadays. Dont know whats the reason. Total cost ownership for my Linea now comes to 14700rs for 3 years with 18k on the odo. Rs.3200, 3800, 7700 for the 2nd, third and fourth services respectively. That comes to 80 paise per km. No additional repairs till now. Thanking god for that.
  2. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
  3. savinvas

savinvas Novizio

Bangalore, India, India
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Team,

I got my Punto MJD Emotion serviced from KHT Bangalore ( 3rd Free Service ). Please see the invoice below.

20121128_081850-1.jpg

20121128_081909-1.jpg

There were no additional tasks other than AC cleaning ( Rs 700/- ) and Filling nitrogen intyres ( Rs 100/- ). The total bill was Rs 8401/-

Please share any comments on the items replaced/used b them.

Savin.
  4. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

You have been conned for 250 INR, for so-called 'consumables', while they have charged you even for waste and super glue itemized.

A similar item was there on my bill from KHT, but was promptly removed once I questioned them.
  5. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    +100, 250 for consumables, 100 for nitrogen (did you ask for this, this is daylight robbery).

What nonsense is it, why is cotton charged as if 100 kilos were used for your car. Are these not supposed to be part of the service cost. One may debate, but these small things are the ones which kills the pleasure of ownership. You know people in the service center are waiting to loot you, does give a comfortable feeling.
  6. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Rs. 250 for consumables, excluding cotton waste and superglue, it seems. Also, what is this "Summer screen wash Wuerth"? (Item #6). It is priced at Rs. 85589.48 per litre and 0.001 litre was used in your car. That is about 1 millilitre. Weird.

Rajan
  7. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    I guess that Wuerth thing is do with the windshield washer solution added to the tank. They dont add anything, the only thing they do is to charge it on the bill. Hook or crook they simply want to make money.

Hope Adit is watching this and training his boys in a way where their intention is not to loot.:A :thumbs down
  8. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    1 ml may be couple of drops. Googling tells me that it is a screen wash additive. May be the wind screen itself will dissolve if you add too much of it :D
    I have never seen this in my bills last three and half years.
  9. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Its a windscreen washer additive guys.

It's a pink colored fluid in a small bottle about 10ML if I am not wrong which costs 85 INR. Technically, as per the instructions on the bottle, only half a bottle should be used for the entire sump(~2L).

These guys at KHT managed to damage my brand new 3M sun-film on 2 of the windows, plus a minuscule dent on the right door caused by a moron opening the door of an adjacent car there, due to the poor parking space.

But yeah, amongst the various TASS centres, they seem just decent enough.
  10. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I assumed as much from the description. What I thought was weird is the price and quantity used.

Rajan