1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Linea/ Punto - "Did You Know" Series....

Discussion in 'Technical' started by VahanPujari, May 15, 2010.

1. shivraj5624

shivraj5624 Amatore

Belgaum, Karnataka
    Linea 1.3
    Hey guys let me know if anyone has experienced this???
    today i went for a test drive of sx4 just for timepass .i told the sales guy that i'm gonna book lineaMJD in a few days but just wanted to see sx4 before booking Linea .sales guy said ...
    "sir,don't go for linea,its very fragile.i have seen 2 customers who took linea and had to get it towed for some engine fault on pune-bangalore highway.Even u may have the dame problem.......sir,think twice before booking linea"...
    well this won't stop me from booking linea since i'm a fiat fan always..but for some moral support i want u guys to come up with some good replys...very sad to see that these fiat guys use fiat made engine and say all rubbish things about fiat cars...i really got angry on SE and came back.SX4 sucks..!!!
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    They don't have anything to defend for SX4 against Linea. All they do is discourage the prospective Fiat customers.
    Look at my post here - http://www.teamfiat.co.in/what-car/3185-pdied-bnw-linea-couple-issues-6.html#post65044

BTW, you are in wrong section.
    1 person likes this.
  3. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

When it comes to bashing a brand, Fiat is the favourite choice of all non-Fiat salesmen. Some of the common shit that these people give out is "buy any brand but Fiat", 'my friend bought a Fiat and its been standing for 3 months now as the spares are not available", "why spend 10 lac on something like Fiat that does not have brand value, you should buy Honda, Maruti, xxx"
    1 person likes this.
  4. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    Then why the hell are they using FIAT's engines ?
    3 people like this.
  5. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

@Shivraj I can show you customers who had sold their SX4 or Dzire to buy Linea. May be the Sales guy was right. The engine fault could have happened. This is happening even with the Mercs. BMW's & even Audis. when it was 2 linea, maybe there were 4 SX4s or even more that got broken down. It is their duty to bash other products & pull the customer in buying their product & that is what they are being paid for. :confused1. Even if you tell him that you are going to buy a BMW, he will say it is a nice car, but blah blah blah blah ..
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  6. royj

royj Esperto

When I went to TD Punto way back in July 2009, the security at Kulathunkal Motors told about a guy who sold his Honda City on the spot and booked a Linea. Heck! he was doing a better selling of the Fiat cars than the salesman.
    6 people like this.
  7. kaps

kaps Superiore

shivraj, the SA you dealt with has used half baked information to peddle misinformation to you. He could be right in seeing Linea on flat bed truck. But I will bet my last dollar that it was due to engine problem. Problem could be there due to a broken CSC. That problem was, however, taken care of by Fiat in 2010 by a recall of CSC. IMHO, on getting such responses from a sales guy, it is always prudent to probe further on his level of understanding.
    1 person likes this.
  8. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    SX4 Diesel doest not only share the engine from FIAT, but also they copied the design next time when you visit give the answer back to the salesman,
    And add some flavour in it by saying my friend is selling his SX4 for Linea are u instrested in this Ton sheet car... and just vanish from there..
  9. for atleast 3 months Prior to buying my MJD Linea in October 11 all i did on my weekends is to TD all the cars withing my range <10 lacks onroad....there are no points for guessing which car came out best in my exhaustive TD spree:)...cars that i Test drove were new verna 1.6, SX4, vento, new and old fiesta, honda city, tata safari, scorpio, tata manza...the best part was...at maruti and honda city showrooms i told the guy who was showing me their cars about my TD of linea and how well it drove..and the maruti guy and a guy at honda both said marvelous things about linea as they knew someone who drove linea but at other centers they will always say such things about FIAT cars or for that matter any car...

May be i should put my ownership review..i made some great observations during by TD and some funny incidents as well:)
    1 person likes this.
  10. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Grande Punto 1.4
    If you experience the engine lag in the first/second gear try this.
    Instead of releasing the clutch and accelerating simultaneously, slowly release the clutch, and after the car starts moving (and when the clutch is still applied slightly), press accelerator, then see if you feel any engine lag.