1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT Linea paint quality - Very Bad

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by pammuluvcars, Jan 4, 2011.

1. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Grande Punto 1.4
    I have minimal grey. No issues with the paint.
    A few months back while entering a shopping mall parking area, the yellow bar that is used to stop cars to pay paking charge fell on the car's roof and the rear windscreen. I could see the yellow paint in several places. I cleaned them all with soft cotton and nail polish remover, and inspite such a bad impact the paint remained intact.
    And, I didn't go for 3M or any other paint protection technologies.
  2. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

There's is no problem with the paint, it's of top notch quality!! glares everytime, day or night!!
  3. iamalpine

iamalpine Timido

I agree I also have the Fiat Linea Tjet plus black in colour. My thinking was black is royal colour but the car is now 7 months old....and there are more swirls and hairlines visible than black....
  4. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

My Jet has developed more swirls. I have stopped getting my beauty washed outside.
    Paint quality is good. We have to maintain these dark colors carefully.

Planning to visit Bosch car care and see how it goes.
  5. bins

bins Amatore

where to buy paint for linea for touch up

Last week while I did a cleaning, polishing and waxing(for the first time), I saw many minute spots where it needs a touch up. These are mainly on the bonnet, and the doors. I guess these are the results of tiny particles that come off from the trucks we follow on highways and the small stones that we hit; may be when we drive on roads where tarring work is going on or even broken roads.
    Any idea if we would get paints in small quantity and that too with matching colour? so that i can do it myself and rub it to perfection.
  6. theblack

theblack Esperto

check out com-paint. You do get what you've asked for.
    However since you are in blr what i would suggest is to visit Reliance autozone and check what other brands use the same color as the one you need and see if its available and pick it up.

On another note, it does not make sense to whine about very small spots as you will cause more damage while painting it clean than it already has caused!
    1 person likes this.
  7. bins

bins Amatore

Bnw wasn't available on their website. Checked Reliance autozone as well but in vain. But a new product came up today, a pen, where bnw was available and I ordered it.