1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT Linea paint quality - Very Bad

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by pammuluvcars, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    GUYS there is no defect in tuscan wine too.

its just that swirls show up easily as they do on black paints too.

all dark paints show swirl marks. its the darker :devil side on the dark paints.

all you can do is either view their beauty from far / wash wax care and what not for them.
  2. spvaidya

spvaidya Amatore

Kalyan, Mumbai
    Just wonder, what the teflon coating is doing on my car... ::O
  3. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Teflon coating is useless. If you washed car for 4-5 times. This coating vanishes.

It is money sucker only
  4. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    unless you get original teflon everything else is useless.
    3m, meguiars etc are not at all teflon. its just a kind of wax.
  5. mescotc

mescotc Amatore

Boisar , Tarapur
    Dear friends,
    Let me tell U ,no teflon Coat on automotive paints is effective, teflon is patented with Dupont & it is out from this business 3 years back , I have a email reply from Dupont India.
    Technically speaking to form a proper teflon layer bond on any surface requires a bonding temp. much more than 350deg. C which is impossible to achieve in case of any painted surface, for the simple reason paint would get burnt off , hence even it is original teflon coating from Dupont on a painted surface it is ineffective as it gets peeled off in a short period which then looks ugly , that is the reason they have to quit from this automotive paint protection business , morever to strip down teflon layer completely is a extremely difficult task .
    So guys teflon coating on painted surface is "BIG FAKE"

Atul
  6. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @ mescotc

This type of explanation was needful to our members who havw wasted money at the time of purchase of car

Thanx for clarifying by giving scientific proof. ::T
    Members will save their money . Now no one can make fool us.
  7. mescotc

mescotc Amatore

Boisar , Tarapur
    Thx bhai,
    During my Car purchase I got 3k deduction from my total amount for not opting for a teflon Coat , & instead opted for the Ultimate Zaino treatment.
    whenever I hear about anyone saying I've done teflon on my Car I feel pity abt him , for being fooled for 3M finesse ( for tata-fiat)

Atul
    Atul
  8. mightlands

mightlands

Use of rubbing compound like scratch out or 3M will remove the hairline scratches. I have tried them and it worked. Here are some of the washing tips which I gradually learnt from my experience:
    1. Use micro fibre cloth or a sonax sponge.
    2. Use of sonax car shampoo while washing.
    3. Never clean the car with a dry cloth or a duster. Use a wet cloth.
    4. I use the amway silicon glaze wax and apply it once in a month. This gives a new look to the car.
  9. hrherle

hrherle

Bangalore
    Wafer thin paint.

Returning back to original topic raised by pammuluvcars, agree with him. The paint is wafer thin and the mysterious scratches appear from no where. Few days back, a small thin stick fell down from a over head tree that left a white line on the bonnet. This feedback should go to Fiat / Tata. Any amount of waxing, shampoo etc. cannot avoid this.

Thanks,
    Harsha.
  10. doer

doer Timido

Thane
    Deepak

I have tuscan wine colored lenea. I agree with color issue reported. I have major scratches on bonnet & rear door formed while cleaning of car. Reason was crow shit on it; cleaning guy tried to remove it with wet cloth & that too after watering it for 10-15 mins.

color layer is so thin that even wet wooden stick with leaves scratch on car which we tried on friends ford figo and there was no effect on paint. I truly feel there is problem with paint.

Deepak