1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT Linea paint quality - Very Bad

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by pammuluvcars, Jan 4, 2011.

1. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    Hi pammu. How about putting up some snaps of the scratches on your car. That will help you get an opinion how those scratches happened. I can vouch for the paint quality of Fiat (as has been done by many). Paint quality will be inferior if there is bubble formation/peeling off/dis-coloration etc. Scratches can happen due to any reason, even while cleaning with a cloth that is not rough while there is dust on car.

Regarding seat covers, if the seats were dirty with plastic covers on, then it is QC issue and must be taken up seriously. About attitude of service centers, Tata service centers are still in the Indicab/truck mode and will take long time to adjust to newer technologically superior vehicles.

Don't worry, you are not in a sinking ship. :D
  2. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    dark colors tend to show off scratches in form of thin lines and swirls whereas colors like silver reflect light and the reflections from scratches are not evident.

i have spent hours and hours and lots of money to get rid of the swirl marks but in vain.
  3. Italia-Linea

Pune
    check out my collection.
    what not have i done to keep my cars shining.

P1020026.JPG
    2 people like this.
  4. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    How much did you paid for that big DCA Box? What is it called? I also see the you have other polishing machine too.
  5. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

Damn, I was thinking..I was the only one who had most of it ;). LOL. Exactly, how much DCS costed you?
  6. mescotc

mescotc Amatore

Boisar , Tarapur
    Don't lose hope,
    do post images of swirlmarks n lightscratches , will suggest u a sureshot solution which really works ! & I mean it !
    will also minimise re-occurrence in future .

Atul
  7. Italia-Linea

Pune
    thanks atul i am eagerly waiting for your demo schedule. may be you can do a patch on my car when in pune.

the DCA is a rotary polishing machine with 7 speed variable motor. besides it in the yellow box is the orbital bugger which has oscillating circular motion.

the DCA costed me 3000 rs. with 6 months warranty. there are 1000s of brands selling these machines right from 1500 to 12000 rs.
  8. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    Yes I also feel the Paint Quality is not good say in comparison to my Hyundai i10's paint. All these hairline scratches keep coming up from nowhere.
  9. linealover

linealover Regolare

Madras
    very very true.........pammuluv cars......i too have tuscan wine .....so called spl color...

i also had similar problems regarding paint layer.....it is so wafer thin......i can spot white marks below the thin layer of paint......

even my cousin's alto has better paint quality............i think this issue is only with tuscan wine color......that is why

nobody is aware, what we are talking.......

once i load a carton box to linea's boot....i can see swirl marks on the loading lip area.......just hold the box on the lip area......thats it....

even i notice paint peeling off from boot opening area near hydraulic actuator....just kept my finger.....paint

peeling off like nail polish..........so sad.....even i shown this to teky......

once again i emphasis my point .........pummuluvcars is not creating this thread just like that........he must have

fed up with everthing........

any way let us hope for solution?.......

regards
  10. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Why having two machines "Rotary Polishing machine" and "orbital bugger", could you kindly share when to use them