1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT Linea paint quality - Very Bad

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by pammuluvcars, Jan 4, 2011.

1. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

IN
    The paint quality is very bad on Linea. My car is hardly 2 months old and a lot of scratches already appeared. How does this scratches appear, I dont know. I guess even a slightly hard brush of passenger's clothes also leave scratches on its body. I am very disappointed. 10.23 lakhs car and very poor paint quality. I wonder then what is this money paid for? Not just the paint even upholstery material also is very bad. Poor quality. I guess either the factory people or the people at the yard/showroom cheated me. They might have removed my good/new seats and fixed it in some one else's car. Both head rests on the back seat were not good. There are very lose and wont stand erect when pulled up. Another shock was stains and spots on both front seats. Discovered only after removing the plastic cover after almost two weeks of delivery. I had a plan to go for leather upholstery and decided to leave the plastic cover on the seats since I thought it would protect the upholstery material till the leather upholstery came. But the covers were too shabby and creating too much of discomfort so decided to remove them. When i removed the plastic I noticed a lot of black spots and stains on the seat. :( I paid 10.24 for the car and look what i got..... Today is the first service day and I had made it clear that i want the back seat changed. They promised they will change it today. I am losing confidence in FIAT. They cant cheat people like this. People at Concorde (in Bangalore where i bought this car) are too concerned as if they are paying for the seat from their pockets. I bought the car under extended warranty. They wear expressions as if I have asked them to share their ancestral property with me. Why dont FIAT train their people to PROFESSIONAL. I didnt feel any special at the service centre. For them anyone who drives in for a service is yet another cab driver. Why dont FIAT have their own separate service centres and showrooms. FIAT is so poor or sinking? Did I start sailing in a sinking ship by buying a FIAT product? I had been telling the sales guy right from the day I first saw the car, that the head rest need to be fixed. I generally do not prefer shouting at people. I do it only when i really get pissed off and when I does that then I will hate myself for losing my temper. Today also i was calmly and politely and friendly asking this sales guy about the seat and he was again dragging it. They are in meeting....blah blah.....I will check with "them" ........ For some reason I had sympathy for this guy all these days. He is innocent and stupid. He is stupid coz he is too innocent. He cant talk face to face to his superiors, not even to the guys at the bay. I postponed my "shouting" for him coz of his innocence. But now i really lost my cool and gave him one dose and it worked. Without wasting another minute, he went inside, came back with "them" and "they" promised that they will get the seat changed.

If any other Linea owners felt that the paint job is poor, please share your experiences here.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Your anger on seat being dirty is justified.
    However, there is no issue with Paint quality of Linea or Punto. Scratches depends on how you clean your car. Wrong way of cleaning will make swirl marks on any paint.
    1 person likes this.
  3. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    @pammuluvcars: Swirls are inevitable, no mater how much care you take about. It shows up very easily on dark colors. Being in banglore you dont see much dust, but if you travel around in Western India or in rural India, you would find a lot of dust flows around and settles on car and thats one big reason for swirls.

Polishing, proper wax applications and taking care while cleaning is only way to reduce the amount of swirls occurring.
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    One more point, Tata used to do paint for Mercedes cars as well in India. Thanks to this, Tata or Fiat cars has one of the best color quality.
    For your information, concorde was the dealer of Mercedes cars in India, so concorde's paint set-up is one of the best.
  5. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

IN
    its not swirls am talkin about. am talkin about hairline scratches. long ones small ones....I do understand swirls and they do come during cleaning etc. But these are different. A thin scratch also leaves a white color beneath the paint coating. The coating is so so thin. You will understand only if you see it in real. Photos also cant help you understand it. FYI Viny, Bangalore is nowhere behind in terms of dust. Leave the car un attended for two days and you will a nice thick coating of dust on your car. I live far away from main roads. Infact it is a gated community. Public roads are far from where my car is parked. Still in a week's time dust from all over the world get accumulated on my car (everyone else's too :D). Bangalore was once City of Gardens, then City of Dogs then City of Speed Breakers and now City of Dust/Dhool/Podi hehehe
  6. Viny

Viny Esperto

I have to agree with Ravi, given the variants of color FIAT has come up with, it would have been very tough to ensure quality if they didnt had world class paint booths. They even tried there hands on colors like "Pearla White" initially which is a tough color to come up with.

@pammuluvcars: Even I feel that the paint layers are very thin, given the white background shows up. How I wished that they would have used black as background color for dark shade cars
  7. Viny

Viny Esperto

@pammuluvcars: Do kids play around in the area where you have parked the car. They are one of the most common reasons to get all those minor scratches.
  8. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

IN
    Viny, no i havent seen kids playing around.
  9. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    @pammuluvcars : what you see as white color is not the paint job...its the two layers of protective finish coat that are applied at the time of painting the car.....its supposed to prevent the underlaying coatings from getting damaged........Your car is dark in color so a small scrub from your jacket or from your watch as you clean the car....or for that matter from your clothes do happen....even if you use a rough cloth to clean the car these scratches will appear...thats the pain in owning a dark color car. Even Mercs and BMWs have these issues.....The best way to handle this is to make sure you polish your car at least once a month.....this will help you not only get rid of the scratches but will also help you maintain cars shine.

Regarding seats.....make sure that the Dealer changes your seats ..no matter what....turn his dealership upside down.....but get it done.....

Your service experience is more of a deviation from standard service experience...so you should complain to Fiat....give them your feedback about your service experience.....
  10. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

IN