1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Linea owner from Mumbai says Hello!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by vchoksy, Apr 11, 2011.

1. vchoksy

vchoksy Timido

Mumbai
    Hello folks,

I'm thankful to the mods for starting this forum dedicated to Fiat owners and fans.

I am a proud owner of a Fiat Linea B.N.White 1.3 MJD bought from Wasan Motors in June 2010.

Like most other people, I did a lot of my pre-purchase research on such forums and found a whole lot of people appreciating the Fiat Linea for the finer nuances. I was bowled over by the Italian styling. The front grill on the Linea has a certain "Classic" quality to it that sets it apart from the other vehicles in its segment. I personally dislike the front grill on the Honda City, because no matter how futuristic it may look, its still a Gas Guzzler that may or may not be remembered. The Fiat Linea on the other hand will add a lot of value to memories. I didn't even consider the Ford variants because of horrific stories I read about spare parts and the maintenance costs. Chevrolet was out of the picture since they're just getting settled in the Indian markets and experimenting with pricing and variants. I don't want an experimental piece on my hands.

I wanted a tried and tested car that had proven its worth on the Indian roads. I selected the Diesel motor because of 2 main reasons : 1) Diesel vehicles are now just as advanced as petrol engines and provide better mileage. 2) Mumbai traffic jams make me squirm in my seat when in the glaring sun you have to turn off a petrol car to save fuel. Diesel being cheaper made sense even if its just for city driving. (Besides, the Linea 1.4 Fire variant had several complaints about its air-conditioning performance)

I don't get much time to enjoy driving my car but when I do hit the Pune Expressway, my decision to buy this car gets reaffirmed.

That's all I have for now!

Thanks for reading.

V.C.
  2. ManUTDian

ManUTDian Amatore

New Delhi
    Welcome to TFI,

Agreed on looks comparison. IMO ford is not that heavy on pocket but their product is bit mundane. As for Chevy, they don't have diesel under cruze segment.
  3. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    V.c, Right said i dont feel any other car looks stunning in front of Line or Punto (In the same RANGE), It is a real head turner even today, ofcourse i have a Petrol punto, i i usually drive it on highways and getting 13.8 to 14.3 kmpl done 4975 kms so far since 23.12.2010, But i say YES for diesel if you are doing more in city roads,
    Anyways a Good choice BNW is a cool color, we need ownership review now,
  4. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    V.c, Right said i dont feel any other car looks stunning in front of Line or Punto (In the same RANGE), It is a real head turner even today, ofcourse i have a Petrol punto, i i usually drive it on highways and getting 13.8 to 14.3 kmpl done 4975 kms so far since 23.12.2010, But i say YES for diesel if you are doing more in city roads,
    Anyways a Good choice BNW is a cool color, we need ownership review now,
  5. Hi VC, welcome to TFI and congrats on your BNW Angel :)
  6. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Pune
    Hey there.. Welcome to the club. Linea rocks... :)
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    VC Welcome to Team FIAT India. Waiting for PICS.
  8. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Red carpet welcome to you and your lovely Linea, vchoksy. Happy and safe motoring.
  9. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Welcome to the club. Your post reflects the thought of many owners of this wonderful machine.
  10. mhitesh

mhitesh Amatore

Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Welcome

Welcome to the Fiat Club, have a happy and a safe drive. Just one thing even if diesel is less cheaper than petrol and gives more mileage I would still request you to turn off your engines on signals and jams since it not only saves fuel it respects nature as well.