1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat LInea Multijet 2012 - Performance Chip need advice?

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by prakashjam24x7, Jun 19, 2012.

1. prakashjam24x7

prakashjam24x7 Timido

Chennai
    Hi Experts,

for the past one year i have been googling on Fiat linea 2012 and at last i will be getting one on 30th Jun 2012 :p:p from chennai.

Also i have been listenin to various owners say very good things about the car and its built quality.

After the reviews on the performance chips which will enormously change the way Indain linea works...! i would like to know few things before i purchase one from USA UK or Germany.

1. If i install the performance chip in the car - how much will it increase the mileage of the car?
    2. I am not getting any thread on the emission level of the car after the mod??? anyone saw any difference?
    3. By how much the life of the car/engine decrease (if at all)? my average use will be 1800km per month on highway ...!
    4. Is it really advisable if i am planning to keep the car for LONG TERM -- lets say 10years?

And last which permanence chip is the best (cost is secondary).

Please advice as i am going to UK next months if above things are satisfied i will get one from there...!

Regards,
    Senthilprakash.
  2. senthilraj

senthilraj Amatore

coimbatore
    Hi prakash.

i have installed RaceChip in my palio and i am staisfied with the performance. its almost 30k Kms and nearly 2 years. I havent faced any problems till now.

1. If i install the performance chip in the car - how much will it increase the mileage of the car? ( there will be no increase in mileage)
    2. I am not getting any thread on the emission level of the car after the mod??? anyone saw any difference? ( there will be a little black smoke when u accelerate)
    3. By how much the life of the car/engine decrease (if at all)? my average use will be 1800km per month on highway ...!( even after 30k kms no issues)
    4. Is it really advisable if i am planning to keep the car for LONG TERM -- lets say 10years? ( u can gohead if u need more power)

regards
    senthilraj
    Palio 2010 SDX

And last which permanence chip is the best (cost is secondary).
  3. prakashjam24x7

prakashjam24x7 Timido

Chennai
    Hi SenthilRaj,

Thanks for the reply.

But will it not affect the engine in any ways? and will it void warranty?

also any place where i can buy this race chip in india...need to compare the price.

thank you.

senthilprakash
  4. pons

pons

hi, you can order online directly from site racechip.de
    since you are going to Uk u can get without paying customs...
    race chip can be removed while going for service so warranty will not be void.
  5. Arryan

Arryan Regolare

Bhilai
    Linea 1.3
  6. Nimish antony

Nimish antony Regolare

Kochi
    Performance chips are plug and play devices. I would advice you to go for a remap which is much better than a chip.

Well to your first Q.. Mileage will not increase. The reason is very simple. More power then the more you drive hard. So naturally u r not going for a mileage run.
    Q2. Emissions:- The car tends to smoke when u have a chip and if u tamper with the settings. Even a remapped car smokes under hard acceleration.
    Q.3 Engine life:- It depends on how you take care of your car. Follow the correct service schedule or do it a 3000 kms earlier. If company says 15 do it at 12. Change your air filter every 10thousand kms. Avoid over acceleration during cold starts and only when the engine temperature comes to the standard setting try revving it. Last but not the least before you switch off your car give it a minute to idle.
    Q.4 Long term use. We have cars which have been fitted with tuning boxes and done more than a lakh kms. Still now no issues.
    Finally it all depends on luck. I have remapped my car and i am happy with it as of date.