1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Linea MJD - Engine problem /Insurance claim possibility??

Discussion in 'Technical' started by AshithK, Nov 19, 2013.

1. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    1.2Lacs Varin and insurance not claimable..apparently..!
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2014
  2. addy

addy Amatore

Bangalore
    It is great to hear that your car is running fine now Ashith. Did you actually find out why the problem happened? I am asking this because my Linea too has faced the same problem. And like in your case, my car is in Mysore too.
  3. AshithK

AshithK Novizio

Bangalore
    Addy, As per the persons at the service center the problem happened due to high revving at extremely low engine oil levels. But then I did not get a low oil pressure indicator as well. And as per my assumption it may also have happened due to heavy braking while landing after the jump occurred. The speed was over 100kmph while I hit that massive hump. If it was anyother Maruti or Hyundai.. The car would have toppled.. I am loving my car a lot after this incident happened.. its really built like a tank. Yeah I did end up paying about 1.3lacs including towing charges of 10k.. But then its the past now, I have done about 10k kms in past 4months with the new engine and it runs like charm now. I had changed the engine oil last week as well with helix ultra 5w 40..

I hope the damage to your car is not as bad as mine.. Please let us know all that happened in detail.. was it a underbody hit or a jump that resulted in the damage..
    1 person likes this.
  4. AshithK

AshithK Novizio

Bangalore
    Hello Fiatians,

I have a problem now, not exactly and a problem if its not!! My engine is giving me a whistling sound when I rev upto 4000rpm in the 3rd gear aro haund the speeds between 90 to 100kmph.. I have two quires here,
    1. Is the whistling sound common on 1.3MJD Linea at high rpm at above 3000rpm to about 4000rpm?
    2. What is the top speed you get on each gears starting from 2nd onwards?

I was able to do a top speed of 2nd gear - 60kmph, 3rd gear slightly above 100kmpl, 4th gear at about 140kmph and 5th is between 180 to 185 kmph.. All these was done on a night driving stunt between Bangalore and Hassan. Guys pls let me know how your babes perform (as my I consider my car as my babe) in the respective gears n rpms. I just want to make sure that my babe is not under-performing in anyway.. I recently had an oil change, I filled it up with Shell Helix Ultra fully synthetic 5W40.. (I was actually searching for Mobile Delvac 1 but was not able to find one here in eastern bangalore)
  5. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    May be turbo making the sound.Get it chkd.
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
    1 person likes this.