1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Linea MJD - Engine problem /Insurance claim possibility??

Discussion in 'Technical' started by AshithK, Nov 19, 2013.

1. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Which is what we do not have in this particular case!
  2. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    The parts you have mentioned would have been damaged by a direct hit. engine usually wont take a direct hit in such cases. and that metal plate is actually oil sump guard.
    1 person likes this.
  3. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Engine just missed by few mm in my case.Little more impact would have damaged the engine also.The divider was a 3-4 feet high and also to remember Hyundai cars doesn't come with strong engine guard as in Fiat cars.
    1 person likes this.
  4. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    To be extra careful while driving and keep an eye on the road maintain sufficient gap between vehicles in front to avoid Blind spots from pot holes, stones and bumpers a hit on oil sump will drain the engine resulting in damage to engine..
    1 person likes this.
  5. AshithK

AshithK Novizio

Bangalore
    Hi Ghodlur,

Thanks for your reply. After doing some research I found vecto motors in hosur road is the best place to get the work done. Thanks for the assurance for insurance. Hopefully I will get the claim approved. Meanwhile the service adviser also said that they do not have cash less facility with any of the insurance companies. My car insurance is with L&T insurance and the IDV value is 5.4lacs..

Not yet SoumenPaul.. I would be submitting the claim form today. I have received the repair quote at 1.3lacs for the engine work. Not sure how much would L&T insurance would cover.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2013
  6. AshithK

AshithK Novizio

Bangalore
    Hi Guys, I got a shock of my lifetime when I received the repair cost for my Linea from Fiat vecto motors. Does it really need so much of engine parts to be changed.. I am not sure!! Please find the link below to for the repair estimate from Vecto motors. And this is just their assumption as they have not yet opened the engine.
  7. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    ^^where is the link?
  8. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    1.3 lakh OMG, what is damaged in your car, the whole engine.Can u post photos of the damage.
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    But what exactly happened to the engine??
  10. rohit tunga

rohit tunga Amatore

Bangalore
    Can we please have a few pictures of the car ? I think a better assessment can me made once we get to see the damaged parts. Regardless of what type of add on you've subscribed to, I think insurance Company should be able to approve this kinda damage. I once ran over a stone, probably used by a truck driver when his vehicle broke down, and this caused damage to engine guard, rear dead axle and catalytic converter. Even though I was not having a 0 dep policy, the surveyor approved my claim and damage from my pocket was kept to a minimal since almost all parts were metal and thus had very little depreciation. However, the amount of time they took to deliver my car is an all together different story

Now for the really hard part, which is getting your car repaired from Vecto. For a service centre which struggles in every conceivable department, getting your car back in running condition will definitely test your patience. At least they are the "least" worst service centres in Bangalore.

I'd recommend that you immediately call L&T and get your car surveyed and constantly keep in touch with the body shop manager at Vecto.
    AshithK likes this.