1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Linea Head Gasket Blown

Discussion in 'Technical' started by nkmevada, May 21, 2013.

1. nkmevada

nkmevada Timido

Mumbai
    Hello Fiat Lovers,

A very terrible experience at wasan motors servicve centre kandivali(west). I had given my car for regular service check-up, at the time of delivery took the car and within 5 mnts white smoke came from the exaust, which results blown head gasket resulting in to a major repair cost for me. still my car is at wasan from last one month. dont know whom to blame and what action can i take. pls suggest.

Naynesh.Mevada
  2. Please escalate to Mangesh of FIAT.
    1 person likes this.
  3. Did they over fill engine oil?
  4. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Did you inspect the car before taking delivery?
    was there any engine oil and coolant?
    Head gasket blowing can be due to overheating,you did not notice temperature guage?
  5. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Probably there was no coolant in the car, resulting in overheating. Are we supposed to check(verify & confirm) fluid levels too when taking delivery post service?
  6. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

At least i do,but then i also get all the fluids are replaced in my presence,and then get all the drain bolts tightened properly.
  7. nkmevada

nkmevada Timido

Mumbai
    No i did not inspect the car before taking the delivery. are v supposed to ? this is wasans responsiblity. isn't it ?
  8. It is absolutely service center's responsibility. However, they can be irresponsible at times. Why should we take chance. Concorde-Chennai had overfilled engine oil twice in my car. I had to drive back to them, fight with them for some time, and drain excess oil. Bad part is that they argue that overfilling engine oil won't cause any damage.
    Last edited: May 22, 2013
  9. caffeineam

caffeineam Amatore

Mumbai
    This should be the service center's responsibility. If they allow customers to visit the service bays and inspect the car then may be there could be a chance the customer could inspect and verify. But that is not the case (at least where I have been)
  10. nkmevada

nkmevada Timido

Mumbai
    thanx for all your reply's. really appriciate.
    Last edited: May 23, 2013