1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Linea - GC Upgrade Kit discussion

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by prihir, Mar 1, 2012.

1. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    For a planted feel you will have to go down to a pre 2012 setup and 36 in the front is too much in my opinion, it will make the car fidgety. I suggest 34 or 33 all around for highway trips.

I have a 2013 Linea which came with increased ground clearance even though I had ordered the car with the orginal ground clearance. It was a pathetic driving experience for three weeks after which I got the original setup and I have been loving the handling and ride since then. My car is on 205/55 r16 Primacy 3st from day one.
    Vishi likes this.
  2. Vishi

Vishi Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks for sharing @5u3zEr0. I will reduce the psi to 33 and check. Even I would love to change the suspension to the old one. But in Bangalore the roads are pathetic and my Punto used to scrape big time if not driven with proper techniques. But Punto was running on 195/60/R15 and hence the GC was 165mm. Now since your car is running with 205/55/R16 with old suspension What's the GC your car have. Does your car scrape at times?
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 6, 2015 ---
    @BoseSuman does this mean the suspension of the new Linea is different from that of old Linea with high GC?
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
  3. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    I think the ground clearance should be either 160mm or 165 mm. It does scrape rarely on bad roads which is more because of me than the car. If I had slowed down the car on these bad roads, it would not have scraped. On a full load with five people on board and their luggage it had not scraped anywhere on the speed breakers on a 650 kms trip. It is like this if you are careful then it is not going to scrape unless it is a monstrous hump! Something I am ready to trade for the sweet handling and ride with this setup.
    Vishi likes this.
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I too prefer low ground clearance for Linea. I got the high GC kit from Subzero, and I couldn't live with that for more than a week. Switched back to the old and original GC setup. :)
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Just yesterday an FASC person asked me if I had opted for coil springs for Linea. I told him that was a part of the kit. He suggested that it (new coil springs) hampers the ride quality. Although I would love to test it out, if I can find the old springs again.

Still its livable unless you want to hit the car badly on some of Mumbai's horror roads.
  6. maheshvpy

maheshvpy Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    Dear fellow members,

I have a 2014 pre-facelifted T-JET with raised GC set-up and would like to switch to pre-2012 lower GC set-up. My service adviser in True Sai Fiat @ Salem is not sure about all the parts required to install the lower GC suspension kit. He is going to speak to the technical team in Fiat plant.

Those who switched to lower GC suspension set-up: can you please provide me the list parts need to be ordered to install the low GC (pre 2012) suspension set-up Looking forward to the response asap.

Regards,
    Mahesh
  7. maheshvpy

maheshvpy Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    Team,
    I have complied the pars list by reading various forums. Can anyone please confirm if the below is correct to move to 2011 suspension set-up?

Suspension Kit Parts.JPG
    Regards,
    Mahesh
    rajks likes this.
  8. mindgrinder

mindgrinder Novizio

Delhi
    Yes it is correct I have got the upgrade done. Make sure to get your old parts from them. You will experience body roll but better water wading and breaker wading
  9. mindgrinder

mindgrinder Novizio

Delhi
    If you are in Delhi I can give you my linea low suspension for minimal amount