1. The much awaited Team FIAT Stickers have been launched. To get your set click here : Team FIAT Stickers

Fiat Linea - GC Upgrade Kit discussion

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by prihir, Mar 1, 2012.

1. prihir

prihir Amatore

Jamnagar
    Hello all,

Today car sent to SPEEDWELL MOTORS for modification GC.

Here is conversation.
    On 29th come to know that GC kit available around Rs. 11000 form GC up upgrade thread.
    Confirm it On FB of 1st Feb.
    In evening on 1st called to REGION FIAT-TATA SERVICE HEAD for confirm that what is exact matter about GC KIT, he told he can not aware about this things, ask mail detail which is with me. Also told in next morning he will clear about it. But in next 10 minute he called me and told that this is true they will receive mail about GC KIT on next day.

Next morning at 11am he called me and ask if I want to upgrade it he will ask Local TASS and booked kit for me. I immediately say that I want it for FIAT LINEA.

On Evening of that day (2nd Feb.) called received from Rajkot Tass Service Manager about Booking of GC kit, He ask no body was aware about that type of any kit, but sir ask me that book for me and order to Fiat, He told me that minimum 15 days to get it.

After that I follow week by week and he update me status of it. On last Monday he asked kit will dispatched and received it within five to six days. But surprised on Tuesday he called me that kit received :confused:and they study it :) also ask when I will send cad for modification, they will get two days for do it. ;)
    I confirm that on Thursday I will send car.

In today morning I was sent car. It will reached it. After posing I will call him for latest status.

P.S. The linea car is one of mine best friend. Who is also teamfiatian.

BR.

HIREN
    1 person likes this.
  2. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Hi Prihir do update us on the difference you feel on driving with the new kit. Do post some pics too. Good Luck !!
  3. anoop

anoop Superiore

Hi Prihir, unless i missed other threads, You are the first one to get it done in TFI - do post updates, pictures and your experience of the upgrade, and effect of it on the drive and handling.
  4. ninads123

ninads123

Nashik
    Do not forget to update pics and how many parts were involved in this kit.
  5. prihir

prihir Amatore

Jamnagar
    Guys, I am also waiting for driving after modification of kit :steering. Also do my best for getting all details with pics. SM ask me work in progress, they delivered car tomorrow.

BR.
  6. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore
    You should have taken a pic before modification just to refer the difference.

Waiting for update......:rolleyes:
  7. prihir

prihir Amatore

Jamnagar
    Hear ones again our (fiatians) bad luck :A

Yesterday an 7pm called from SM that they have received Wrong supply from company, he told they received front both suspension LEFT SIDE instade of one right and one left :mad:. Stickers are saw LH and RH on parts that's why when worked on car at that time machenic come to know.

He told me that the issue is going on High Auto. of company spare parts supply and he will call me in morning about update.

Waiting for his call ?

Br.
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat \_
    hiren,
    What kind of job are they doing?blast them with words.its common sense they dnt knw even what to deliver,strange.
    Hope your wait ends soon.
  9. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    hi prihir kem che. urs will be the first linea to get the new suspension kit installed. do give us a detailed review on it. LH RH is the most silly mistake fiat never fails to make. i dont know how such a silly error occur in such a big company. btw ur id shows punto!!
  10. prihir

prihir Amatore

Jamnagar
    Talked with SM, ask fiat spare part officer Chennai based involved and manage to send RH suspe. EASP. Mean while send driver to get back car. When parts arrive he will inform me.

Karan, fine. I have punto, I am mention in my first post that the LINEA is my friends.

BR.