1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT LINEA FROM THE COTTON CITY

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by NAREN64, Jul 5, 2010.

1. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Very nice report and good pictures too.
    I would have been driving a Linea if I had another 2lakh vitamin M to spare.
    My wife likes the Punto very much but still goes ga ga when she sees a Linea :-D
  2. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

Excellent pictures and report. The background of the pictures portraying Linea as beautiful lady in a white gown, wandering around green trees. Mind it, I'm getting romantic here... ;)
  3. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yup even Rahul (RVM) got the Dynamic pk after which it was discontinued... :)
  4. NAREN64

NAREN64

COIMBATORE
    Thanks obliex, I insisted on Dynamic Pack & had to mail to Fiat directly to get the car.

@ Neoowheels, Thank you, Linea is a beauty to look & drive with. I enjoy driving Linea.

Thanks Royj, Might be your next would be Linea T Jet. Go for it.

Thank you Grandeur, It was a beautiful place in Kodaikanal, enjoyed driving all the way & back. It took me Three & half hours with lunch half an hour to cover Kodaikanal to Coimbatore a distance of 170 kms including a ghat section of 60 kms. The stability of the car on the ghats was fantastic, the car was turning into the corners in the ghats without any difficulty.
  5. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Remember Naren your driving a FIAT and you can be rest assured abt its road handelling and stability
  6. NAREN64

NAREN64

COIMBATORE
    Today, my Fiat Linea had gone to the Fiat First Free Monsoon Check-up Camp at TAFE ACESS. Very Cordial receiption for me & my Linea. To receive back the car by today evening. Will update further details after taking delivery of my Linea today evening.
  7. Monsoon check up, generally they try to finish those minimal checks in 1- 1.5 hr and would prefer you to stay back to collect your car, right? or was it rush hour today? dont forget to as for the fiat umbrella
  8. NAREN64

NAREN64

COIMBATORE
    There were a lot of Fiat Linea's & Punto's for the Monsoon Free Checkup today, & also I have asked them to under take small works in my Linea, like Water Service, Interior cleaning, Under Chasis Checking etc., so it will take till evening to finish. All this they have promised to do Free.

Reg Umbrella Tafe said they are not giving the same, so wrote mail to Mr.Pawan & Mr.Mangesh of Fiat India, Mangesh has replied immediately as follows. Very happy to see the comitment from Fiat. I see in other forums that there is no reply from Fiat, but when you go through proper channels of communication, replies are got immediately.

[Dear Sir,

Thank you for your communication, you below communication is already received from our parts department ( pawan.yadav@fiapl.com).

We have routed through our distributors Chennai office, we are seeing possibility on your request, requesting to pl bear with us.

With warm regards,
    Mangesh Kodalkar
    Customer Services Department
    ( For Fiat Linea and Fiat Grande Punto)
    Fiat India Automobiles Limited
    B-19,Ranjangaon MIDC Industrial Area
    Ranjangaon-412210
    Taluka Shirur,District Pune
    Maharashtra,India
    Tel +91 2138 672764
    Fax +91 2138 672800
    mangesh.kodalkar@fiapl.com
  9. NAREN64

NAREN64

COIMBATORE
    Monsoon service completed, taken delivery of my Linea in the evening. All the works completed by Tafe Acess which I had specified in my previous post. Car was spik & span when delivered with water wash done, Interiors cleaned, under chasis checked in my presence, there were only scratches in the under chasis, no dent or damage. The scratched were mainly due to the roads I drove in Kodaikanal. All other standard checks were done as per Monsoon Free Service Checkup was updated to be, like engine oil topped up, Wiper water resorvoier filled up, Radiator coolant checked, ECU checked, etc etc.,

Aditionally Tafe Acess themselves identified problems in the Seat Height adjuster & replaced the same Free of Charge under Warranty. The replaced parts under warranty are as follows.

1) Height Adjuster Mechanism - Rs. 1924.44 - Charges to me Rs.0.00

2) Rivet Height Adjuster - Rs. 15.11- Charges to me Rs. 0.00

3) Disassemble/Assemble front seats sliding mechanism with parts - Rs.0.00

Dissapointed that no Umbrella was given, anyway Mangesh has given me the assurance to provide me one.
  10. NAREN64

NAREN64

COIMBATORE
    Guys

First blow... for my Linea :sad1 . A lady in a Scooty(scooter) jumped RED Signal avoided colliding a Santro & banged into my Linea :shocked . My Linea was the first car waiting for my signal. Police man arrived after the collision, scolded the lady, she started crying, after I assed the damages which were minimal let her go.

As my 15k service is nearing(only 1k to go) I have not gone to the service center. Damages as follows

1)The bumper on the right hand side has come out of the socket beneath the head light.
    2) Scratched & a small dent to the lower grill.
    3) Paint gone off in bumper.
    4) Number Plate broken

The good thing is the bumper took all the impact, not interior damages visibly seen(opened the bonnet & checked). Only when I go to the service center full extent of damages will be known.

Pictures:

[attachment=3:1suafb5v]Accident Linea.JPG[/attachment:1suafb5v]

[attachment=2:1suafb5v]Linea1.JPG[/attachment:1suafb5v]

[attachment=1:1suafb5v]Linea2.JPG[/attachment:1suafb5v]

[attachment=0:1suafb5v]Linea3.JPG[/attachment:1suafb5v]

Accident Linea.JPG

Linea1.JPG

Linea2.JPG

Linea3.JPG