1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Linea FRAUD - Garodia Kolkata

Discussion in 'Dealership Reviews' started by Soumik, Mar 29, 2016.

?

Were you cheated by a Fiat Dealer?

1. Yes

20.7%
  2. No

79.3%
  1. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    What if they deny again. It's difficult to understand what is Garodia's position on this. Are they showing coordial response towards your objections or expectations? Because you are saying Fiat's position is unclear or ambiguous and Garodia's position is not clear too. :confused:

To rephrase the question,
    a) Are they silent on their fault or have they acknowledged it or have they denied it?
    b) Your request or contemplation for Tjet is clearly communicated to Garodia or still you are waiting for Fiat's position and just taking quotation from Garodia for Tjet.
    c) Is Garodia even committing to giving your new car, based on which you are saying they will comply to give Tjet. How is their overall stance or demeanour?

Kindly fill us with more detailed information which gives a clarity on the situation. Ambiguity does not help the thread readers.
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2016
    vtlreja2 likes this.
  2. Soumik

Soumik Amatore

Kolkata
    Linea T-Jet
    Both Fiat and Garodia remained silent.

I intentionally left a small amount of 1.6 lacs to be paid to ensure that they give me a proper vehicle. Till now they have 9.20 lacs. Garodia does not want to order any vehicle at all from FCA until they receive 100% payment from me, which I won't make in any case till I see the vehicle considering the serious fraud they already did.
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 9, 2016, Original Post Date: Apr 9, 2016 ---
    So here is the final conclusion as of now:
    They have 9.20 lacs with them at present but still they have denied to order any new car at all from Fiat (until they receive the remaining 1.6 lacs from me). I did not agree to pay the remaining 1.6 lacs until they buy a car and show it to me physically.

So they have refused to place the order for a new car. Hence I asked them to offer a full refund.
  3. moksh

moksh Regolare

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    @Soumik Is it going smoothly or they are talking to you arrogantly. Did they agree for the refund...?
  4. Soumik

Soumik Amatore

Kolkata
    Linea T-Jet
    Well verbally they agreed to refund. But I do not trust their verbal communication.

Forget talking arrogantly or not, they don't even want to talk to me now (compared to the time during pre-sales).

This kind of business ethics won't take them anywhere, however it is shocking how Fiat has not done anything on the fraud. They denied to order a new vehicle with FCA almost 1 month after they received 9.2 lacs!
  5. Soumik

Soumik Amatore

Kolkata
    Linea T-Jet
    I have come to know that I am not the first one. They have been doing fraudulent practices since long and there were many more affected customers. It is usual for them not to deliver cars even months after the bank EMI starts. :banghead:

I sent them the following email:

To the Bank,
    I request the bank to issue a re-call of the loan since the car has not been delivered by Garodia Automobiles. As of now (9th April) Garodia has not yet ordered the car from Fiat although they have a total of 9.20 lacs with them. They have refused to place an order for a new car even though they have an amount of 9.20 lacs with them. I also request the bank to refund the first EMI which already got deducted. The dealer agreed to refund 100% of the money.

To Garodia,
    I request Garodia Automobiles to refund 100% of the amount, which includes 900,000 INR from the bank and 20,000 INR from me, plus the interest charged by the bank. The booking was made on March 4th, 2016. The DO was sent by the bank on March 11th, 2016 as informed by the bank manager.

To Fiat India (FCA India),
    I request you to investigate on this and let me know how and why this fraud occurred.

Reason for cancellation: Fraudulent activities and attempts undertaken by Garodia Automobiles and its employees.

I booked for a new 2016 white Linea, however they painted a 2015 gray vehicle entirely and tried to deliver it to me. They took 18 days to paint the entire vehicle before trying to deliver it to me on March 29th (March 11th to 29th = 18 days).

During these 18 days Mr Sanjit Chowdhury (from Garodia Automobiles) kept on telling me numerous false statements like "the car has been booked from FCA", "the trailer has started from Pune with your car", "the trailer has reached Bhubaneswar to unload a few cars at another dealer location and then the trailer will resume its journey to Kolkata with your car", "the trailer has been delayed at Bhubaneswar due to late unloading of cars by the Bhubaneswar dealer", "Your car has reached Dankuni, West Bengal", "Your car is undergoing PDI (on the 28th), so come and see the car in the evening to make the remaining payment", "28th evening: The PDI guy has left for his home due to an urgent call and hence PDI could not be done. Come tomorrow (29th) to check the car".

I smelt something fishy due to my prior pathetic experience with Garodia. My doubt was amplified since they always insisted me to see the car at night after 6 pm (obviously because they wanted to cover up the painted car in the darkness of the night!)
    So I visited their workshop suddenly on the 29th without informing them where they were shocked to see me! They kept on asking how I got to know that the car was there.

Anyway when I reached their workshop suddenly without informing them, I found with my own eyes that the car was being painted!

Immediately the service station guys informed the management that I reached the workshop. The management then ordered Mr Ghatak (their service manager) to take me out of the service station. Mr Ghatak pushed me physically with his hands as I was about to inspect the VIN of the car. Anyway, I went there again in the afternoon with my parents when Mr Vikas Kejriwal was also there. By this time Mr Ghatak had fled the spot! When we asked Mr Vikas about it he denied that he had not given any such orders to Mr Ghatak for not allowing me to inspect the car.

In the afternoon of March 29th, the car was inspected by me in front of Mr Vikas Kejriwal and deemed to be a 2015 vehicle that had been entirely painted locally at the dealer's workshop. He did not comment on the fraud though.
    1. There were paint drip marks all over the car.
    2. The inside panels of the car did not have proper finishing/painting (for obvious reasons).
    3. Paint seal on the doors clearly suggested that the car had been painted after it left the factory.
    4. White paint is visible on the Chrome which is only possible when you paint the car after it had left the factory - Proof picture: www.soumik.in/fiat-fraud3.jpg
    5. The VIN number of the car clearly proves that it is a 2015 vehicle.

Later Mr Sanjit Chowdhury visited the workshop and confirmed that the car had been painted.

Pictures of the painted car:

Picture #1: http://www.soumik.in/fiat-fraud1.jpg
    Picture #2: http://www.soumik.in/fiat-fraud2.jpg
    Picture #3: http://www.soumik.in/fiat-fraud3.jpg
    Picture #4: http://www.soumik.in/fiat-fraud4.jpg
    Picture #5: http://www.soumik.in/fiat-fraud5.jpg
    Picture #6: http://www.soumik.in/fiat-fraud6.jpg

So they took the money almost one month ago when we agreed that I would pay the remaining balance (they have 9.20 lacs with them as of now) after I see the car physically and before delivery. They agreed to it one month ago during booking. Now after I informed FIAT about their fraudulent activity, they completely changed their statement and refused to order any car at all from Fiat.
  6. Rajarshi

Rajarshi Amatore

Kolkata
    Really very sad incident. Just because of some unethical business practices of dealers, manufacturers got suffered. FIAT was started doing good in Calcutta but due to these kind of incidents they lost their market share. Previously lack of parts in TATA dealer then highly bad servicing of Garodia totally ruined FIAT in Calcutta. Now only few auto enthusiast stick with FIAT despite of these kind of problems.
  7. Soumik

Soumik Amatore

Kolkata
    Linea T-Jet
    Garodia has fraudulent history including fraud with FIAT themselves! Won't comment on that though here for obvious reasons.
  8. moksh

moksh Regolare

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    Hope you get your refund soon .
  9. Soumik

Soumik Amatore

Kolkata
    Linea T-Jet
    Let's hope so.

Gave them a nice 2lb cake to bid farewell. :) :D
    Murphy_Fiat likes this.