1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Linea FRAUD - Garodia Kolkata

Discussion in 'Dealership Reviews' started by Soumik, Mar 29, 2016.

?

Were you cheated by a Fiat Dealer?

1. Yes

20.7%
  2. No

79.3%
  1. Soumik

Soumik Amatore

Kolkata
    Linea T-Jet
    Shockingly, Fiat has not done any investigation on this. FIAT remained silent all of the time without saying a single word. Is it their way to protect the dealer?

I have told them to get me a new car.

More to my shocking, the dealer tried to extract 40k more money saying that the price had increased from today morning (April 1st)!

Anyway, I have requested them to get me a brand new 2016 car.

How do I verify that they give me a new car this time? If they can change the entire paint then they can also change the VIN tag in the boot. How easy/difficult is that?
  2. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    I would not want to comment on FIAT immediately, as we have no visibility on any action or discussion that may or is in progress between them and the dealer.

The VIN number is also embossed on the body of the car, which cannot be altered or tampered with so easily. You can find this engraved on the floor beneath the front passenger side carpet. There is an aperture provided in the carpet, where you can lift the same and read the VIN.
    This is captured in the PDI list as well available here on the forum.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
  3. Soumik

Soumik Amatore

Kolkata
    Linea T-Jet
    That's a good point Pradeep. However given the past experience, these guys could make not so easy things possible too. :banghead:
  4. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    Really you want to go ahead and buy this from same dealer in spite of so many issues.
    Why do you want to spoil your peace of mind after spending 11 lacs so please re think and act.
    If I was in your situation I would have already changed to other car company or other dealer without any second thought.
  5. Soumik

Soumik Amatore

Kolkata
    Linea T-Jet
    Price has increased from April 1st.

I have decided to drive all the way to the state border and follow the trailer and have the car dismounted in front of me.

11.5 lacs btw. :)
    Murphy_Fiat, jumu and vista7155 like this.
  6. Soumik

Soumik Amatore

Kolkata
    Linea T-Jet
    Further I have realized that Fiat no longer offers extended warranty.

However these guys were taking 13k from me for extended warranty!

How is it possible that FIAT is not aware of these frauds?
  7. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    @Soumik What is the resolution now?
    Are you being given a new car the previously agreed price?
    Or are you getting your money back?
  8. Soumik

Soumik Amatore

Kolkata
    Linea T-Jet
    I asked them to give me a new car at the previously agreed price. I am yet to hear anything from them.
  9. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Soumik,
    EW reintroduction has been doing rounds from a few months. I did check with my dealer on this and they have not ruled out the point. As per the dealer here FIAT would be reintroducing EW very shortly (this I heard a few months back), I would say no harm in calling the help desk and asking them for this information just to be double sure. In case the response you get is negative don't forget to carry a few bricks in your back pack to put them to good use next time you goto the dealer .

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
  10. Soumik

Soumik Amatore

Kolkata
    Linea T-Jet
    Mangesh has replied to my email that extended warranty is not available!

I am shocked how these guys get the courage to commit daylight robbery!
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 8, 2016 ---
    I was checking Fiat's website. Only Austin is listed as an authorized dealer for Abarth in Kolkata. However Garodia sells Abarth cars. How is that possible?
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2016