1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Linea FRAUD - Garodia Kolkata

Discussion in 'Dealership Reviews' started by Soumik, Mar 29, 2016.

?

Were you cheated by a Fiat Dealer?

1. Yes

20.7%
  2. No

79.3%
  1. Soumik

Soumik Amatore

Kolkata
    Linea T-Jet
    Summary:
    I booked a new 2016 Fiat Linea (Emotion, Diesel).
    The dealer tried to cheat me by giving a 2015 old, painted vehicle calling it to be a brand new 2016 car (at the price of a new 2016 car)!

The dealer had a 2015 Linea with them of a different color (not white). I booked a new 2016 Linea and paid the price for a 2016 Linea. So the dealer painted the old car white and tried to sell it to me as a new 2016 car. Paint seal marks are evident on all doors. Door panels even have inconsistent colors.

The VIN number number clearly mentions this to be a 2015 vehicle but the dealer lied and did a fraud by trying to sell it as a 2016 vehicle. The VIN number ends with HZ which is clearly a 2015 vehicle.

They tried to sell the painted old car to me as a new 2016 vehicle but it is very apparent that they are telling lies. Pictures attached.

fiat-fraud2.jpg
    fiat-fraud1.jpg

Moreover, by chance when I came to know about this and went to their service center during painting, the service manager over there pushed me away physically. What an audacity! You pay close to 12 lacs out of your pocket only to be cheated by fraudsters!

fiat-fraud3.jpg

fiat-fraud4.jpg

fiat-fraud5.jpg

fiat-fraud6.jpg
  2. moksh

moksh Regolare

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    Did you accept the car...?If not please don't accept it .And contact to Mangesh Kodalkar and inform him about this . I have heard he is very helpful

According to your VIN you car was manufactured in July 2015

Year
    HZ - 2015

JZ - 2014
    KZ - 2013
    LZ - 2012
    MZ -2011
    NZ - 2010
    PZ/QZ - 2009
    RZ - 2008

Month
    A = January
    B = February
    C = March
    D = April
    E = May
    F = June
    G = July
    H = August
    J = September
    K = October
    L = November
    M = December
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    So you haven't accepted the car yet based on what you said? Yes please contact Fiat and also take printouts and all relevant documents from Garodia about booking etc. and xerox and send the whole bunch to Fiat along with photos of car. That is if email reply is slow and not to your satisfaction. Meanwhile be firm yet polite to Garodia and make sure they know you will take legal action should they not give a newer car.

There are bad stories about Garodia here and on other websites. So I am more inclined to think they were trying to push a demo vehicle perhaps. There is a PDI form and other stuff as well on this forum. We don't know much about your complete purchase process. Booking Payment and delivery promise etc.
  4. Soumik

Soumik Amatore

Kolkata
    Linea T-Jet
    Exactly. I suspect this to be gray colored 2015 demo vehicle that they wanted to sell initially.

Not to my surprise, the gray Linea disappeared all of a sudden! And there are clear Paint marks and gray tinge in all internal panels. Even if you forget the visual clues for a moment the VIN screams that this is a July 2015 vehicle but they are bold and don't even accept that. That claim that they purchased this vehicle form Fiat in March 2016. The old gray Linea and the new White Linea have scratches on the dashboard exactly at the same locations.

What is the email address of Mangesh Kodalkar?

I am 100% sure that if FIAT looks up for the VIN it would not show to be a white car. FIAT should take serious steps against these.

After this I am so much frustrated and tensed that I have decided to cancel the Linea and even sell my old Punto. It is a huge headache how these dealers take us for a ride. Why does FIAT not take action on these? :( I would most probably buy a Vento after this because there is no guarantee that the dealer would give me a new car after all these. Afterall you can not trust a fraudster. If they were honest enough they would not have done this in the first place.

The total agreed price for the Linea was 11.55 lacs approx on road including zero depreciation insurance, for a new 2016 vehicle. They have a total of 9.20 lacs till now including the booking amount and the bank loan disbursement. The bank also disbursed the loan to them when they don't even have the vehicle. Is this even legal? Please suggest. :)

I was about to pay the remaining 2.35 lacs today and get the car. Well I won't include the numerous lies and false excuses they gave over the past one month since that is negligible to the issue that I have now. After fake promises for weeks, finally the car was taken off the trailer at their Dankuni warehouse according to them. I smelt something fishy due to several reasons during our conversation. I went to their garage silently today to find that the car was being secretly painted without even informing me. No one in the entire service center appeared to know when the car had come there! The service manager even denied initially that there was no new white Linea there but when I insisted, he showed me the vehicle with a reluctant mood. For the second time he pushed me away physically claiming that he had orders from upper management that the customer should not view the vehicle at that time.
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 30, 2016 ---
    Looks like I found his email ID. Emailed him (mangesh.kodalkar@fiat.com).

Trust me, I lost all interest in the car just in a few hours all thanks to the dealership.
  5. moksh

moksh Regolare

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    @Soumik Please answer did you took delivery or not. Let mangesh handle this case , you will surely get a new car from Fiat . You will be happy after mangesh replies.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009256899713&fref=ts

I personally dont have his email id but you can google it or wait for others to reply. Till that you can contact him on Facebook
  6. Rajarshi

Rajarshi Amatore

Kolkata
    I would suggest you to launch a complain in wb govt consumer( not any other online forum) forum. Only they can able to repay back all the money from dealer and may able to give you compensation for all the harrassment. Go leagaly rather than waiting on FIAT to take action.
  7. Soumik

Soumik Amatore

Kolkata
    Linea T-Jet
    @moksh No, I haven't taken the delivery though they were keen to take the remaining money.

Once cheated, how would I be sure that they would actually give me a new car? What prevents them from cheating again? Once you lose trust it can not be regained easily. Also even if they decide to give a new car this time, since they have been caught now they could damage the new car when I take it there for service. I am worried about everything. :(
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 30, 2016 ---
    Thanks for the advice. Do you have any idea how much time they take generally? With elections nearby could it be delayed?
  8. moksh

moksh Regolare

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    @Soumik Try to get your full amount back or a brand new car and you dont need to go that service center. You have Austin Fiat and bose Automobiles in kolkata.
  9. Soumik

Soumik Amatore

Kolkata
    Linea T-Jet
    The location of Bose Automobiles is odd, so yes we have Austin.
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 30, 2016, Original Post Date: Mar 30, 2016 ---
    What is the guarantee that they won't try to do it again but this time with a better finished and painted car?
  10. Rajarshi

Rajarshi Amatore

Kolkata
    Ask the dealer to repay full amount to you. If they dont then launch a complain in consumer forum.

Election may delayed the process, but i would suggest you to call them to know more.
    http://wbconsumers.gov.in

Usualy they call both the parties and try to solve by discussion. If the other party dont listen to their instruction then it will go to forum court and they have the legal rights.
    Collect as much evidence as you can before go to them.