1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by sandipan_r15, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Sujit508

Sujit508 Amatore

Bangalore , Karnataka
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    I don't see any information of its launch.. I am guessing they would launch/announce the elegante during the abarth 595 launch. Which is just a week away.
    prabhjot likes this.
  2. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Am hoping they integrate the Linea Elegante marketing with that of the Fiat Abarth-s, somehow? It would appear this variant is available only in white?

Of course the sun will still rise only in the far east! ;-) But then if it's cloudy, as it always is with 'Fiat', one will never quite be able to tell.

btw, OT follows ... but what the hell, it's the same damn topic: why is our market like it is?

the Creta has 20000 bookings and counting, or so the Hyundai PR machine is claiming. They offered a carefully controlled 'preview' to the automags a couple of weeks ago, and garnered 10000+ bookings BEFORE any really meaningful full-test-drive reviews, which only appeared a few days ago.

I saw a white TD Creta today. And I realized that they've filched/pirated the rear styling from the Jeep Cherokee (not well enough though) and the gorgeously avant-garde Citroen Cactus C4, or perhaps just took the whole exterior styling idiom from Ford and their Ecosport and Edge. To go with the pirated-from-Maserati-Ghibli dashboard. To be fair to Suzuki and Honda, like their styling or not, and personally Honda's is to me rather tacky these days, they don't filch, pilfer and pirate, and wantonly at that, like Hyundai does. And we stigmatize the Chinese for being plagiarists?!

Their Santa Fe is good stylistically (exteriors), as is the i10 Grand: original/unique and cohesive, well-proportioned-enough, but both the hyper-hits in our market, the i20 'elite' and 'Creta', are clear dodgy pastiches composed of literally-pilfered stylistic material.
    avi_loveindia and Amit Rox like this.
  3. acechip

acechip Superiore

@prabhjot, I have also seen a white Creta. Let me say that it does have a bit of a presence, though that may only seem so because it is still a new entity. Once it is seen as commonly as the Ecosport or Duster, it would have that same unremarkable Hyundai feel to it. By all accounts of reviewers, including our fav. madam, the ride/handling combination is where Duster stays ahead. A lot of the people are also not buying into the VFM proposition of Creta.
    If Fiat has to bring that 500X, the time is NOW. I really hope they make people sit up and take notice on that Abarth launch day, as it is being held at BIC. And I still feel all this show-sha is also intended primarily for dealers, which they seem to be losing at a worrying pace.
    prabhjot and dadasaheb like this.
  4. Sujit508

Sujit508 Amatore

Bangalore , Karnataka
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Abarth 595 launch in BIC ? good to know. I think its the right step to differentiate the Abarth 595 as purpose built Track ready car, and not another expensive import hatch.
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Mahindra too coming agressively, with their TUV300.Teaser looks killer.

6. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
  7. antony1405

antony1405 Novizio

Updated on 31 Jul 2015 14 : 14 IST | By Akshit Juneja

Fiat India has launched the limited edition ‘Elegante’ version of its only sedan in the country, the Linea. Priced at INR 9.99 lacs, the Linea Elegante is positioned above the regular top-end trim and comes with some minor tweaks inside-out. The availability of this special version is limited only to the orders that dealers receive from prospective customers.

In terms of exterior changes, the Linea Elegante gets a new white paint with panoramic black roof colour, sporty front-rear bumpers, black-dipped radiator grille, rear spoiler, side skirts, 16-inch alloy wheels that reminds of Punto Evo’s, chrome garnishing on ORVM and new Elegante decal. While on the inside, new seat covers, 6.5-inch touch-screen infotainment system, special carpet mats with Elegante branding and new door sill make their way.

Speaking on the launch of Linea Elegante, Mr Kevin Flynn, President and Managing Director, FCA India said, "Linea Elegante is targeted towards those discerning buyers who desire elegant looks, differentiated offering and strong value proposition. This limited edition will undoubtedly create a wave of interest and will excite prospective Linea buyers. This package on new Linea is a perfect blend of elegance and sophistication. At FCA India we constantly innovate and strive towards making cars with timely enhancements in comfort, luxury and technology.

The Elegante version is available only with a diesel engine and competes against the likes of the diesel variants of Honda City, Hyundai Verna and Maruti Suzuki Ciaz.

Source: Car Dekho
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2015
  8. drknaresh

drknaresh Amatore

Linea 1.3
    This thread could been merged with the other ongoing thread on liinea elegante for continuity of discussion. mods consider.
  9. acechip

acechip Superiore

Love those roof mounted Jungle fog lamps!
  10. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    I tried to search for Elegante Linea on FCA official website in India, www.fiat-india.com, and got this