1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT 'LINEA ELEGANTE' edition

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by sandipan_r15, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I hope it's compatible with previous gen Puntos.
  2. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    May be the map 4 would be a too aggressive map for the 1.3 MJD to handle, and might require some hardware changes as well. Providing customers with options of a sport kit (remap+suspension upgrade, etc) would be a better idea IMO to gauge more response.

In fact, the Avvy feels quite different, even though it has the same 90 hp engine under its hood. Its actually >=1 second faster than the stock 90 HP Punto in the 0-100 sprints, even if its heavier by around 100 kgs.

Fiat needs to have tuning options, for the diesels at least, as their response is poles apart, when you drive them in the city and highway. Avvy bridges that gap to an extent.
  3. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Ganges : yeah some thing similar which looks more sportier. they can add some sportier decal too.
    BTW did you like the chrome around fog lamps in evo? IMO its overdone :banghead:
    Turbothinghy likes this.
  4. lakshminandan

lakshminandan Amatore

North Lakhimpur
    assam
    Linea 1.3
    Yes...there is a massive difference of the fiat mjds in city and highway. On the highway and twisties it is awesomely brilliant whereas at low speeds fiat struggles to overtake a Tata magic specially when we slow down at a speed breaker and then our mjd struggles 4-5 seconds to reach the turbo band and other vehicles zip past us. Its very frustrating when specially when there is a friend who happens to be a Honda/Hyundai owner/fan is sitting at the passenger seat.Fiat should address this and make it more drivable for the common man while retaining its previous goodies like build,handling,ride quality etc.
  5. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Looks like Fiat Linea Elengante was launched today at 11L on-road, Delhi.

elegant.jpg
    Ganges likes this.
  6. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ^^ For a while, read it as ''panoramic sun roof" and was almost stunned :p
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes liked it,but didnt liked the rear ones on rear bumper.

So next thought is can we buy Elegance accessories :D
  8. drknaresh

drknaresh Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Is this a confirmed launch, I couldn't find about the launch anywhere else so far, including fiat India official website.
  9. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Now that I have got used to driving my 90 hp for around 4 months, the turbo lag isnt much of a problem for me, but yes on the steep inclines, it does become frustrating at times. On the brighter side, this kind of tuning makes you a sedate driver in the city, which isnt bad either, given the unpredictable traffic nowadays, and on the highway everyone knows what happens :smuggrin:

But I do agree that Fiat needs to do something to counter the famous 'turbo-lag' image, even though its not as big a problem as it is perceived to be. Fiat has always been plagued with different tags, earlier a fuel guzzler tag (that made them bring out the Palio NV) and now turbo lag :meh:
    prabhjot and drknaresh like this.
  10. acechip

acechip Superiore

I can bet that there wont be even a half-page Ad in the national dailies tomorrow from Fiat on the Linea Elegante. If it does bring out one, I will check out where the Sun has risen from.
    prabhjot likes this.