1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT 'LINEA ELEGANTE' edition

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by sandipan_r15, Jul 29, 2015.

1. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Fiat (with the 500 and the 500X) as well as Jeep (via Mopar) are famous for the thousands of 'customization' combinations they offer, both at the factory and at dealers'. It can be done, to great sales effect too!

BUT not in India: since managing supplies and inventories would be impossibly expensive, given the sales volumes. Only if they were selling say 5000+ Evo-s and Avventura-s would the exercize of 'made-to-order, custom-builds' be viable? And/or at much higher asking prices.

i.e., Impossible.

But improvements in inventory management and better predictions of demand patterns, however small the overall sales/demand in absolute numerical terms, may be possible, and if so may be under implementation. So that they do not have to again repeat late-2014's disastrous-for-Avventura-and-Evo sales FIRE SALES at the end of the year, in order to help dealers' finances.

These additions to the Linea, this Elegante trim, are excellent, imo. The only remaining potentially, on-the-margin, sales-boosting ones are: (a) offering the touch-screen ICE+camera set-up on the Evo and the Avventura too, and (b) the amt-gearbox actuators.
    avi_loveindia likes this.
  2. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    FIAT should soon roll out special edition in 90HP Punto. They can consider removing the excess chrome treatment in the ongoing model. I honestly feel Touchscreen 2-Din should be the standard in 90 HP across all variants. But million dollar question is 'Will this Elegant treatment on Linea draw buyers to showroom?' Lets wait and see.
    prabhjot likes this.
  3. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    No it won't, not in meaningful numbers.

Nothing to wait, or to see.

"Buy it if you like it! Which you should, and likely, will, once you 'chala ke to dekho'! What sales figures are......is utterly irrelevant"

is what I'd be advising anyone who asks about a possible Fiat purchase.

PS
    : let's wait to witness this Elegante edition Linea + the FiatAbarth-s getting a big and bold and 'desi'-enough advertizing/marketing campaign. Not that that will move sales much, either....but as the joke goes: "Look busy, Jesus/the Boss/etc is coming."
  4. acechip

acechip Superiore

Fiat and ad campaigns dont go together. You will get a blink and you will miss it type of ad, or some sophisticated Euro-chic that is totally irrelevant to the Indian cause. In any case, Fiat isnt breaking new ground here. 2-DIn and Navigation are now offered even in a 4-5 lac Kwid.
    This is just another pathetic attempt to stay relevant to dealers, more than anything else. And by the time the T-Jet Evo/Abarth come in, VW will have launched the GTI 1.8 on their Polo and run away with the orders.
    Raj_pol, avi_loveindia and prabhjot like this.
  5. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    The new FCA boss, hope he does it best this time on the new linea.
    dadasaheb likes this.
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Punto Evo Elegance with these accessories ?

vol1u44.jpg
    Deepak, Anup, prabhjot and 1 other person like this.
  7. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @acechip

As I said in an earlier post: the VW gt twin Polo-s in India are an India-specific fake-hot-hatch scam, the furthest thing from being GTs, these same engines+dsg are sold as fuel-sipping, tax-light models in the UK for eg! And therefore, hugely overpriced: other than the dsg gearbox they are in nearly every way inferior to the Punto Evo, in design, build, ride and handling, braking/tyres, equipment etc etc.

The GTI is the real thing, but it will be at least 6 if not 8/10 lakhs more expensive than the intensely localized Abarths (roughly twice the cost at least), and will sell next-to-none, while the Fiat Abarths actually sell.....an (unfair, as usual) rather few.

The ads will be there, as they were for the Avventura on Youtube, on TV, full- and half-page ads in print and later on billboards in many cities, and so: they will indeed be blink-and-miss-it, but more because.....who's listening/open-minded/cares in the first place?
    avi_loveindia likes this.
  8. lakshminandan

lakshminandan Amatore

North Lakhimpur
    assam
    Linea 1.3
    If they provide map 4 of wolf, they would gain a lot without spending much from their pocket. Many of my friends test drive my linea for a short distance instead of the highway and complain as low powered. Same thing happen with people who test drive the showroom car. Common people consider the city as very much powerful as the low end delivery is good. They don't know about high speed dynamics. And most people also don't go through the technical forums which highlight the many of the positives of linea. Therefore before they launch the much awaited 1.6 mjd perhaps not before 2017, they can provide the map 4 , which rectifies the initial lag problem and can make the linea leap ahead ine highway, as described by many of our wolf bitten friends. And advertise it in a big way.It looks so simple. Perhaps they can also provide the remap for the existing owners even if they charge an amount and make us happy and boast more of our fiats. Is this possible?:D
  9. avi_loveindia

avi_loveindia Amatore

FiatLand
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Very Well said ,,,,,, this is what I'm saying from the beginning ,,, an Average Joe will not care to understand what it matters to be of high structural integrity ,usage of better or heavy materials ,,, or what it means to have best ride and handling package.....they will not care to read all reviews at TFI or same ,,,, they make decision just by short sprint of testdrives and well presentation by showroom guys. And this is where Fiat lacks ... Although it good to see Fiat taking these much steps but this not enough ,,, if Fiat takes one step ,,competition is miles ahead at the same time .
    Just read that Hyundai announced Creta's AVN system will be now available in I20, I20 active and Verna ,,Fiat should do bring 1.6 here otherwise it is always a lost battle for Fiat .
    dadasaheb likes this.
  10. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Let me add my "They should do this" to the existing list.
    I have just one request.

Get the freaking gear box in order and if the Punto T-jet has the same gear box as my EVO diesel, I will go mad and probably do something utterly stupid :vomit::punch::rage::punch:
    acechip and avi_loveindia like this.