1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Linea Classic - Launching on 25th Sept 2013

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by sharma_sanjeevin, Aug 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Avinash

Avinash Amatore

Puducherry
    United Kingdom
    Linea 1.3
    EXACTLY! What more words can one possibly think of? Ludicrous, nonsensical, asinine 'Marketing!? :confused:

The moment I saw, Fiat 'Experience'..., I thought they were ready to make announcement of the Abarth-Studios! & now, seriously, it was all for Linea ''classic''? & above all, having Linea Emotion as display model for Linea Classic?

Atleast FIAT should get the 90hp tuned MJD & only, power steering, front power windows, ABS, & driver side air-bag (as optional), & price it at ~7L.
  2. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    FIAT India MD himself assured that Abarth will be out in next year, so why you all still drool for it when ever you come across FIAT experience.... ADs??
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2013
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    ^^ FIAT MD is not God. If this Linea Classic sells in single digits for the next few months, do you really believe they will launch the Abarth here?

Rajan
  4. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    Re: Scoop: 2014 Linea caught testing in India

Soon Uber is going to launch its taxi services in Bangalore. They are testing it in India and first city to experience would be Bangalore.

Google it up for more information. Bangalore shall soon witness Mercedes Benz E class plying around with yellow board. Yet, I don't mind owning one, its just that at the moment I can't afford it :D

Sent from my Lenovo P780_ROW using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  5. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Aah! Only negativity. :O

Nissan brought a cheaper version of Micra aka Micra Active. Doesn't mean that existing customers should feel now they own a cheap car.

1. Resale value of a FIAT car nose dives the moment you take it out of the showroom. At least you didn't buy a Linea considering resale in mind.

2. I can see Linea classic as simply the "baser" variant having fewer features and cost cutting like 14 inch tyres etc (Micra Active comes with 13 inch tyres).

3. It might be priced in Dzire territory in terms of price ad the words of marketing guys but it shall always be treated as a segment above. Remember, Linea is longer than 2010 Jetta, Corolla Altis, Octavias etc. If boot adds to "social status", why doesn't the length of the car matter?

If I had been the guy responsible for marketing, I would have emphasized on "lesser price than competition or priced one segment below i.e. in Dzire territory". Or perhaps a car as big as the Jetta while being priced in the territory of Dzire. Nissan is doing almost similar with the Nissan Sunny.
    5 people like this.
  6. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Yashik Bhai,

Please read my posts again. I am all for FIAT Linea Classic, even if it going to be sold exclusively to the taxi industry. I am not in agreement with the way FIAT is handling the launch, thats all. It is like shouting from the rooftops - "Hey look, I shot myself in the foot"

Rajan
    2 people like this.
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Scoop: 2014 Linea caught testing in TFI :D

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 6030D using Tapatalk 4
  8. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    +1 Rajan anna. :up FIAT has never been good with managing launches and marketing the products well. Same goes for Chevy/GM. FORD and Hyundai are perhaps the benchmarks in automotive industry here. My post was to reduce the negativity in general against Linea classic as evident from many posts by members in the last few pages.

Hahaha. :evilsmile Nice.
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2013
  9. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    I think few connections are missing in the cognitive analysis team. If they can answer this..

1. Why Linea active failed and why emotion pack was success?
    2. Why they sell they more than 1.4 fire in current trend?
    3. What kind of consumers is approaching Fiat, vs those who goes to Suzuki, Hyundai.
    4. What has been the reason of having a group like tfi, are buyers different? If yes whats the common verdict up here.
    5. How will approaching taxi segment help? Did it helped Tata's in Long term? Why did Chevrolets went down even after having travera deep in taxi segment. What good did Logan, etios or indigo did to parent companies after they entered taxi segment in long term?
    6. How would Confused market positioning, brand dilution, losing the emotional connection and Percieved value.
    1 person likes this.
  10. pemmasg

pemmasg Regolare

Chennai
    It is a new launch to majority of population, so it makes sense :)
    Is it because of the "emotional connection" and "exclusiveness we enjoyed" we are not able to digest this move? I am optimistic about this move, there is no nice handling, nice looking, very long:)-)) and very safe car in this price tag so if this reach masses the very perception about FIAT will change in a positive way. The reason why the "Active" variant didn't sell much is because of it is priced higher and also note that the current segment of people who were buying linea are the ones who does some research and consciously taking a decision to buy and naturally the tendency of such people will be to get a full-fledged car [fully loaded]. Why would just we alone enjoy a great car, let most of the people enjoy it and now there is an opportunity :)
    Regards
    Gopi
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.