1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Linea Classic - Launching on 25th Sept 2013

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by sharma_sanjeevin, Aug 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Just posted on FIAT FB page. I hope this is not meant for the Linea Classic. If it is, God save FIAT

557162_737192269628769_391052423_n.jpg
    Rajan
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2013
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Why :confused

The move to 14 inch wheels would simply be to reduce tire expenditure and not for any technical argument. A tire size such as 185 / 70 /14 would be plenty enough for the 90hp Linea, forget the classic Linea.
  3. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    I m not an expert here paaji.You are absolutely right.
  4. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea, be in the regular, classic or New Avatar would definitely turn heads. So, I don't see anything wrong with the ad. But, this would have been more apt if they are launching the New Linea too along with the Classic.

But, if it were for the Jeep, then the caption should have been stronger and bolder. Just my opinion.
    1 person likes this.
  5. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    By rumors "disclosed" by FIAT, dealers, SAs, and TFI members, God himself seem to be confused! :)

Question is why should shutterbugs throng around the same old Linea with some cosmetic changes. That makes me think that this advt. is not for Linea.
    1 person likes this.
  6. Cant compare diffrent era cars with today,there was hardly any choice then other Ambassador,Premiere Padmini,some old standard cars and failed cars like dolphin/motena.
    Today there is choice for customer,how new car buyers are opting for Indica or Verito?
  7. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Few things
    1. The person who bought a car for 10l pitched against Honda city sees his car getting sold in line with etios, desire etc, makes a dent to the social image stigma.

2. With classic Linea getting launched in 5-7 segment, the resale value for existing Linea will nose dive, as one can buy a cheaper version of the self with most of the features intact. Then why too buy old one, who had its inherent new product issuses.

3. Why downgrade the image of an car which is pitched against better cars globally. they already have Siena for given segment internationally.

4. Given the don't have anything new to offer to existing customers, not sure how the plan to retain upgraders,
    Who don't see much value add on in new Linea 2014
    3 people like this.
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Looks like this is somewhere in Chennai:

1234248_10151628482785583_1501881966_n.jpg

What is the idea behind the banner "Introducing the New Linea Classic", displaying the existing Linea Emotion and advertising - "The longest car in its price segment". :confused. Since when did the length of the car become a selling point?

Looks like FIAT has lost it's marbles.

Rajan

Edit: The location is Express Avenue, Chennai. Any TFIans around there?
    3 people like this.
  9. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Generally a new car is launched first with great hype and then its classic version is announced. Not sure what's been cooking in fiat India's kitchen, there servings are not making much of common sense
  10. riturajmnnit

riturajmnnit Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    Damn it, are they serious. If they are this is first time, I will regret my decision of going for LINEA. One of foremost reason to buy it was exclusivity and here they are making them 1.5 lakh cheaper, with same exterior shell.

If they do so, I will refrain from buying FIAT again, why should I pay premium 2.5 Lakh (Considering it is 1.5 lakh cheaper than ACTIVE version), just for B&M and Crappy Music System + Climate COntrol.

I hope its all a rumor, it better be. If they are wishing that they should walk over their loyal customers to get new ones, then god help them.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.