1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Linea Classic - Launching on 25th Sept 2013

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by sharma_sanjeevin, Aug 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I just wish that the sales figures improve. Even Mercs and BMWs are used as taxis although only as "luxury taxis". :D

I have seen at least 5 to 7 Punto bearing yellow number plates and being used as taxis.
  2. I have seen Linea active being used as hotel taxi but if it starts to be seen along with logan or dezire then people will think about the image.
    Please try to see my point view.How many people would buy a Logan/Verito today?

FIAT car had a image of gas guzzler earlier along ASS issues now it has tag of being underpowered.

FIAT needs to get thier act together and introduce 1.6 MJD.
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  3. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    +1 Sat-chit-ananda

After paying around 10+ no one would like to see a cheaper version going for taxi segment.
    After all a 10L car also represents societal status of owner in Indian Scenario.
    3 people like this.
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    +1 to Viny and Sat.

Personally, I will also be not happy to see Linea going for a Taxi Segment.
    2 people like this.
  5. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Today a bangalore dealer sales guy drove the Linea Classic which came in a truck from pune to their stockyard.he drove both 1.4 FIRE petrol & 1.3 76ps MJD.he said 76ps MJD is good in Linea but petrol Linea Classic was better to drive than diesel.No exterior or interior changes,14 inch tyres with wheel cap with basic features.Prices havent been revealed to them but he said it will be 1.5 lac cheaper than current Linea.No weight reduction,no changes in gear ratios.
  6. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Can't digest 14 inch wheel ( as no weight reduction) , even Linea Active don't have 14 inch steel wheel. 1.5L cheaper means New Linea price will be near current price.

That means new linea will come with 90HP VGT engine only for diesel ( if they don't provide 1.6 this time).

If my assumption is wrong we will be more happy than FIAT.
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2013
  7. nareshov

nareshov

Bangalore
    The Maruti DZire is used as taxis too and I don't see it taking a image hit.
    I'd be very happy to see it become popular with the taxis as long as Fiat takes in valuable information from real world "extreme" use in our country and apply it in their upcoming products.
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I find it rather disconcerting hearing all the discussions calling the classic Linea as a taxi or targeted at taxi segment.

An entry level car which is cheaper need not be labelled a taxi on first look. For someone who might feel insecure that the "Linea" has found it's way into taxis and due to this the image has taken a hit - rest assured. There is going to be a big jump in price from Linea classic to refreshed Linea. Your "status" will stay intact ( if that's what bothers people).

Think of all the individuals who could not afford the Linea experience early on but can now do so, albeit in a slightly dumbed-down form with lesser power. The basic Linea chassis will be there and so should the suspension. The platform is solid; only power is reduced . And there are people out there who value the car more than gizmos like climate control BLUE n me etc etc.

Let the car launch atleast. Then pronounce judgements.
    3 people like this.
  9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I fail to understand this. A car is a car is a car. What if it is also in the taxi segment? On the one hand we consider the Mumbai Premier Padmini cabs as iconic, OTOH, we are criticizing that the Linea Classic is apparently aimed at the taxi segment.

Rajan
  10. pemmasg

pemmasg Regolare

Chennai
    This is going to be really interesting and this may be something new to us with respect to FIAT. Well, I am just imagining a situation similar to that of Brazil, I mean heavy FIAT presenceJ.
    So I am not bothered about TAXI wala getting FIAT, the positive side of this will be we can see lot of fiats on roads which is good. The resale value also will be good.

I would like to make a point that LINEA is not VERITO!!!

But dear FIAT where is 1.6D? I am waiting since Jan this year. Please don’t disappoint loyal customers like me! But do I have any choice apart from waiting? :-(

Regards
    Gopi
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.