1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Linea Classic - Launching on 25th Sept 2013

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by sharma_sanjeevin, Aug 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aruncep

aruncep Amatore

Chennai
    Yes Nadeem, Lets hope so...
  2. aruncep

aruncep Amatore

Chennai
    Heard that Linea Classic will be a stripped down model of the current linea. It will just contain power steering, power windows and a/c. It will not even have audio system and wheel covers. Looking at engine side it will only have 75PS version. When I checked about the facelift linea they told me that the plan is not there until late 2014 or early 2015. Two launches confirmed for 2014 are the Punto Abarth and the Jeep Cherokee.
  3. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    aruncep, Linea Classic will only come in if New Linea is coming in, otherwise they have no reason to bring in Classic.

Also I am not sure why FIAT is testing the CLASSIC Strip down version water, they already burned there hands with Linea ACTIVE model, which never got sold as per there expectations, rather Emotion and Emotion Pk where the highest sellers, where by forcing FIAT to discontinue ACTIVE in its original strip down form.
  4. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Fiat Linea Classic would be for the as the entry level to FIAT in the saloon section...
    Might be the Private cabbies will grab the Classic
  5. aruncep

aruncep Amatore

Chennai
    I got to know from the service adviser that Classic is very aggressively priced. That might be the catch. Looks like Fiat's intention is to increase the sales figure.
  6. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Fiat is targeting Cab segment with Linea Classic.@arun We can expect audio system & wheel covers in Classic.
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Like I said before, FIAT is targeting the cab segment with the Classic only as much Honda is targeting it with Amaze or Suzuki is with Dezire.

The Linea classic , as per my speculation, is an attempt to make inroads into the entry level sedan segment. Not the cab segment. If cabbies buy it, good for them.

Cheers.
  8. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    I had read in an auto site that prices may start from 5 lacs or even 6.5 lacs.yup Fiat's intention is to increase the sales figures for Linea.I had read in an auto site that they are targeting to sell 1000 Linea Classic cars to CAB co's.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Yup Fiat is an attempt to make an entry into entry level sedan segment to get more volumes for Linea which is not doing good volumes in C+ segment.Cabbies will surely buy these solid,beautiful,reliable,built to last,efficient Linea model at a very low price with huge boot & passengers travel in this car will be happy & appreciate the CAB driver about this car & brand.
  9. If cabbies buy Linea,FIAT can forget the other customers. Other than maruti no one else is able to sustain both segmants.
  10. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    All depends on how one looks at it. If it takes the cabbies to help retain FIAT in India, then so be it. As long as they retain the same engine and the same build quality, a true enthusiast is going to see it as a great opportunity to get a great mod-friendly car at dirt cheap prices :D

Rajan
    2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.