1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Linea Classic - Launching on 25th Sept 2013

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by sharma_sanjeevin, Aug 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Wonder how a drive in 75HP Linea feels like. Would definitely take a test drive.
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Anna,

There is talk of "reworked" gear ratios doing the rounds. So, who knows what tricks FIAT has up it's sleeve. Even if you put the exact same 76hp Punto engine + gearbox, I don't think it's going to do terribly. It'll be just fine. Ofcourse except on the open roads when the speeds go illegal, the difference will be felt.
    1 person likes this.
  3. N Kiran

Hyderabad
    Re: Scoop: 2014 Linea caught testing in India

We always have remaps for rescue if thats the case. I just hope they donot strip down any of the safety features. Lets wait for couple of weeks and the picture will be crystal clear.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
  4. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune

I am sure I will be able to beat the shit out of linea classic on road with my punto 1.2 :p. The power to wt ratios could be really disheartening

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
  5. N Kiran

Hyderabad

Its Linea classic as announced by Fiat in their road map. New Linea will be launched next year. So there is still a small hope for 1.6MJD

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
  6. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

But a Fiesta Classic or old Fiesta is a pretty good Performer in spite of 68 horses,and it is faster than the Figo.
  7. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Till 100kmph, yes. After that it loses breath.

And why this difference between Figo and Fiesta which share the same engine? Technically the Figo should be faster.

Does the Fiesta have an intercooler? Am not sure if the Figo has one.
    1 person likes this.
  8. OCTANE

OCTANE Amatore

Cochin
    What is fiat trying to do with a 75bhp linea? When competition is moving to more powerful engines here we have one brand that is moving to smaller ones. May be fiat is trying to extract whatever little life is left in the linea but I fear it will have worser consequences. It might even destroy some of the goodwill this car has and market will paste an underpowered image to it. Unlike the fiesta here the new as well as classic linea are very similar. Linea is not a car that is to be sold along desires and etios. Even the taxi wallas won't be interested. No matter whoever takes the top positions at fiat ,things are yet to fall in place .:-(
  9. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Linea Classic training is scheduled from 17th Sep to 20th in Bangalore. SA's moved for that, Source:- The SA who is going for training told me.

He is not sure about engine specs & details, I have requested him to take couple of pics & information about specs if possible, will keep you posted if I get any.

We will be clear about engine for 2014 linea then ( diesel, as TJET is final for petrol).

Linea Classic launch expected by Dussera.
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2013
    5 people like this.
  10. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Now that sounds more plausible. I spoke to Mr. Ranganath of Prerana / Vecto group yesterday, and he categorically stated that the Linea Classic launch 3rd week of Sept / around 20th is impossible, as the dealership does not have any news so far and the SA training is yet to start.

He however was not willing to disclose any launch schedule dates.

Rajan
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.