1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Linea Body Cover

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by saud, Jan 11, 2012.

1. saud

saud

Mumbai
    Can some proud and possessive owner of linea let me know the best body cover available in the market.
    Specifically Mumbai.

thanksinadvance
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    If you are going to use it regularly, buy OE cover -

Car Cover (Tyvek) White

White Tyvek is a premium fabric material with superior quality used for premium car covers. It protects the vehicle from a possible damage to external paint from harsh sun, rain & scratches caused by animals/birds and even dust particles. Tested for requisite strength, stretchability, softness & ease of use

Part Number: 59089374 | MRP: RS.2590

whitecover.jpg
  3. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Mumbai
    Adding to Ravi's point, it is a very soft cover with a lower propensity to cause micro-scratches compared to a regular car cover.
    One downside I find is that it puts a fair amount of pressure on the antenna, and is a tight fit on the car because of the antenna.
  4. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    i have the above oem car cover. i made a cut near the antenna and used the cover in which this car cover is packed to stitch over the antenna hole.

this is a very good quality cover.

but stupid fiat forgot to make a hole for the antenna. shear stupidness.
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Italia, your agression with Fiat is so evident ever since the headlight episode :).
  6. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    lol :) happened the same while doing every mod. even the headunit ones.

actually first time i searched the antenna hole for long time in such a big cover. so i was damn pissed off.

thankfully they have given those side mirror slots.
  7. saud

saud

Mumbai
    Dear Italia,
    I had asked the same hole thing for antenna to fiat sales guy and he twisted the antenna in a very rude manner to show me the flexibility.
    Hence hole is not needed in the cover.
  8. Toruk_Macto

Toruk_Macto Amatore

Ghatkopar-Mumbai
    It's strange that Linea cover does not have the antenna slot. I have got punto OE cover and it has got antenna slot.
  9. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Mumbai
    My antenna broke after about 5 months. I think the cleaner or some miscreant broke it, but I do believe that the cover played its part by making the antenna weak. I think I'll make that hole.
  10. Nithrath

Nithrath Amatore

Hyderabad
    Friends,

BTW, what does OEM stands for? Abbreviation?