1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat linea and punto in dash music system full touchscreen

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by sonu0214, Jul 26, 2014.

1. msuresh11

msuresh11 Timido

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi guys,

am looking for this since long, actually mine is Gande punto 2012 Active variant,

Is this device fits exactly?
    and what functionality can i expect from this device?
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Should fit as the HU is for older Punto i.e Pre 2014. For functionality refer to the website (in the first post). Please note that this HU colour will be noticeably different from the fascia colour.
  3. rvlkiran

rvlkiran Novizio

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    @nmj , I have a new linea (2014) Active TJet that I recently bought, and I have a full 5 year warranty to go. I really like the Virtue India SA-156EL (the model that fits the new dash), and would like to install it with reverse camera. Is there any chance F.A.S.S can deny the warranty ?
  4. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    no..
    dont worry.. no wires are cut nor are there any modifications. its just plug and play. you wont even need an installer if u have the tools to remove the oem set.
    rvlkiran likes this.
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @harryaviator

Is the rear camera if installed be powered by the HU or would require power connections from the rear tail light cluster? Would there be need to splice any existing wiring connections for rear camera? If so then warranty would be void. If not then no issues at all.
    rvlkiran likes this.
  6. rvlkiran

rvlkiran Novizio

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    @harryaviator, @nmj , I have the same question as @ghodlur. What are the details (model/make/price/wiring) of the reverse camera that you have installed ? I have seen the following example reverse camera, from the same Italian website which sells a similar HU as Virtue India, but I don't know how power is drawn by the camera. I have 2 lights/power connections for my rear registration plate. Does this camera replace one of the lights ?
  7. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Looking at the model you have been following the camera is powered by the HU itself, it won't need any wires to be connected to the rear tail lamp cluster or number plate lights. The Virtue India HU will then be a direct plug and play unit. The only negative of the HU is that it cannot play CD's.
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2015
    rvlkiran likes this.
  8. nbvcrao

nbvcrao Amatore

Guntur
    @nmj

small correction...the website is http://www.virtueindia.in/

the new linea 2014 system costs Rs. 27,599/- and for the earlier models punto/linea it says
    Rs.23,399/-

- linea121.jpg
    pdash, varoon9999 and PradeepM like this.
  9. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    no splicing of any wires involved. HU powers itself up whenever you put it in reverse. the model thati have plays DVD too. look out for a site autoradiopc.it
    rvlkiran likes this.
  10. nmj

nmj Timido

Pune
    Sorry for late response. The camera I am using is a 2 in 1 from eBay - camera + 1 sensor. IT is powered by stop light. In case of these head units, we need to splice wire/use clip on reverse light. This powers the camera/sensor and also sends a signal to the unto to switch to reverse video. Hope this clarifies.

For the new linea - as I understand, the unit also comes with the top row of buttons (defogger, etc) and has a different firmware/radio interface.
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 2, 2015 ---
    BTW the virtue head unit has a separate DVD player which fits in glove box. The unit it seems also supports mirror link, TV, iPod,
    wifi/3G dongle, etc. It has the connections but I have not tried.
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 2, 2015 ---
    As for new linea warranty - please check with dealer. IMO they may void it because the unit has a canbus and B&Me interface but the car does not treat it as a radio unit in MES.
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
    nbvcrao and rvlkiran like this.