1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat linea and punto in dash music system full touchscreen

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by sonu0214, Jul 26, 2014.

1. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    rishike007 likes this.
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @ghodlur
    The whole listing is messed up..somethings not right..:confused:

It mentions a speaker 6 inches and HU details in one, single-Din etc. --

Product Summary of Virtue India Car Audio Speaker

• Type : Single-DIN
    • Car Speakers Type : 6 inches
    • Car Stereo Features : USB
    • Warranty : 1 year
    • SUPC: SDL937484021
    upload_2015-1-12_12-44-24.png
    varoon9999 likes this.
  3. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Aseem,

Even I was foxed by the ad where it talks about speakers and all. Actually I recd an SMMS and FB update from the original vendor i.e Virtue India about the price drop. Hence I searched. But I am usually miles away from buying anything on Snapdeal, had some really unforgiving experiences with them.
  4. rahulvfx

rahulvfx Amatore

Bangalore
    Does it have "Line and Subwoofer Pre-Output Level"? Coz in snapdeal, I didn't saw this feature in the specification.
    It's better to have so that we can fix amps in future ...
  5. nmj

nmj Timido

Pune
    It has pre-out for both.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 14, 2015 ---
    Using MMI maps on SD. Working great. @acechip - installed it myself.
  6. ccprakash

ccprakash Regolare

Bangalore
    Please tell us the procedure and pics would be helpful. And how much you bought the MMI maps.
  7. nmj

nmj Timido

Pune
    virtueindia.com website has a video for fitting the HU. There can be some complications though.
    1) You remove the existing HU with the tool which is provided with the new HU. It is a matter of inserting the tool and extracting the HU.
    2) Disconnect the existing connectors - they go straight into the new one with no changes.
    3) Fit the USB cable and GPS antenna in a convenient location and connect to the new HU
    4) If you have a reverse camera, connect it to the HU harness.
    5) The canbus decoder box and the harness for various inputs to be pushed in. The decoder box just hangs behind the existing cage.
    6) You do not need the rear screw.
    7) Push in the Unit - you need to play around with the wires - too many at the back to cleanly push the unit. Also it is 1-1.5 cm longer than existing one. I had to cut the black holder for the Speaker and B&Me harness from the back mounting plate - to create some space. Otherwise the unit keeps popping out.
    8) Adjust the side clips to snap into the cage like the old HU.

For MMI, Santosh (the seller) sends it on an SD card if you request at a nominal cost.
    Iyu, kedarbendre, varunrtr and 3 others like this.
  8. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    [QUOTE="

For MMI, Santosh (the seller) sends it on an SD card if you request at a nominal cost.[/QUOTE]

@nmj please share the cost for MMI.I am planning to get the same for my Garmin device.
  9. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thank you nmj for sharing so much about the HU. Really helped a lot to understand the system. :)

@asimpleson - It is a single DIN product but one can fit any type of speakers with it. 6.5" would do fine. I guess the seller made a mistake by mentioning 6 inches. He must be filling the boxes on the website. I see that the seller is same so maybe one can contact him directly.
  10. nmj

nmj Timido

Pune
    @varoon999 - I believe the SD version of MMI costs 4-5k. In this case the seller "helped" me with the MMI - so cost was only for media.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 21, 2015 ---
    BTW I heard the seller has received a new lot.
    Excelerate and varoon9999 like this.