1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat linea and punto in dash music system full touchscreen

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by sonu0214, Jul 26, 2014.

1. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Thats great. Would be interested to know the teething trouble faced and the weird things you are living with. Pls post some snaps of the dashboard with the new HU.
  2. nmj

nmj Timido

Pune
    Got the unit from Virtue. Will take some pics and post. Main glitches were - Radio lost sound after ignition and had to restart the unit to get it back. This seems to be an issue with TJet/Emo - sorted with new kernel update. Took multiple updates to get the working one. Living with - Clock takes time from the canbus - takes a couple of mins to sync. Low volume of message reader compared to music vol. Asked for a fix for the second one. Seller is very responsive and very fast in getting the fix from manufacturer based on issue reported.
    asimpleson likes this.
  3. nmj

nmj Timido

Pune
    Attaching some snaps. Not sure if I need to upload the snaps elsewhere. Mods please advise.
    There is a color mismatch with the dash but I knew that before buying.

WP_20141203_002.jpg

WP_20141204_003.jpg

WP_20141204_005.jpg

WP_20141204_006.jpg

WP_20141204_007.jpg

WP_20141204_008.jpg

WP_20141204_010.jpg

WP_20141204_011.jpg

WP_20141204_012.jpg

WP_20141204_013.jpg

WP_20141204_014.jpg
    mohdshea, Iyu, Excelerate and 12 others like this.
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Thanks for the pics. One query - Doesn't the HU have a separate USB slot? I can see two slots marked Map and Card, understandably these are SD card slots. During my discussion with the owner of Virtue, the cable connections is plug and play kind, is this correct?
  5. nmj

nmj Timido

Pune
    The "USB Playtimer" photo, unlike what the title suggests, is actually the blue n me integration. Currently showing voice command mode. I can also use the car USB to play music. If I use the car USB, sometimes it messes with switching back to last input after a call. B&me tries to activate the car usb song instead of last input. So not using the car USB.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 4, 2014 ---
    there is a USB slot at the back and I have a cable which goes to the glove box.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 4, 2014 ---
    Cable connections are plug and play. The 2 (speaker and CAN) connectors + the B&me connector. The Canbus decoder is not in-line like the other unit. It is a separate box connected to another slot at the back.
  6. ccprakash

ccprakash Regolare

Bangalore
    How the reverse camera things are configured.. with this device.. Could you please put some light on it. Because iam a very naive person to configure these electronics.
  7. nmj

nmj Timido

Pune
    The reverse camera is powered from the reverse light. The Video cable goes to the head unit. There is another 12v wire from the camera which goes to the canbus decoder on the unit for switching the input when the reverse video starts. I am using a camera+radar combo which fits above the number plate.
  8. acechip

acechip Superiore

Where did you get this installed in Pune @nmj ?
  9. rahulvfx

rahulvfx Amatore

Bangalore
    Did you installed MapMyIndia maps ? How is the navigation system working?
  10. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    maps from satguide work really fine.. though not a match for map my india,no licensing issues at all..