1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat linea and punto in dash music system full touchscreen

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by sonu0214, Jul 26, 2014.

1. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    I did have a word with the owner by name Santosh in the local lingo (He's Dharwad, karnataka based). He did assure that the steering wheel button operations in totally unaffected by the HU replacement and will work as same. Even the Blue & Me will work as existing with the BCM recognizing the HU without any alarm on the MID.
    The HU comes with a 1 yr warranty. The best part acco to him is that the HU is a simple plug & play, in case of any issues, you still have the old HU to replace stock. The only con in the HU is absence of CD player which will have to be compensated by the USB and SD card slots provided.
    In case of a sizeable number of order, the cost will be brought down, he even offered me franchisee for Mumbai region. Any takers with me.:rolleyes::smuggrin:

Pls note in no way am I advertising for the product, jut putting down the discussion details.
  2. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    The manufacturer in China is selling this with the DVD unit. However the DVD player needs to sit in the glove box.

That said I do not see any use of the DVD player. I have never used the stock headunit with a CD.

The manufacturer himself claims that the original b&m will continue to work like you mentioned. But need to check that.

The manufacturer is selling this hu for 460$. Without the DVD player and local delivery in India, the price quoted by this seller seems sane if one has confidence in this Chinese product and its quality. I wanted to get one but do not have the budget.

Also allows inputs from reverse parking cameras. I saw reverse cameras that fit into the number plate light hole on the bumper.
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2014
    ghodlur likes this.
  3. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @harryaviator

Just one difference. Your HU was completely black whereas this one is somewhat closer to the dashboard colour.:p:p
  5. ccprakash

ccprakash Regolare

Bangalore
    i didnt find the USB plug. Did anybody installed and tried all the options.?
  6. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    usb is in the rear via a micro USB to USB female adapter. all options funtional.
  7. ccprakash

ccprakash Regolare

Bangalore
    Called VirtueIndia, they said, they dont have stock and will be available after december 1st. By that time they are planning to incorporate one more product with this device. Glass XXX (something). By using this device we can play video through our mobile phones.
    harryaviator likes this.
  8. selwyn.a

selwyn.a Amatore

KA51
    GA01
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Murphy_Fiat likes this.
  9. nmj

nmj Timido

Pune
    Installed the virtue unit on a t-jet. Had some teething trouble but works good with all features, reverse camera, Blue n Me, steering controls, Nav, etc. Good video resolution. Couple of weird things but can live with.
  10. antony1405

antony1405 Novizio

Chennai
    Can you post some pics... And from where you got the unit?