1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat linea and punto in dash music system full touchscreen

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by sonu0214, Jul 26, 2014.

1. rvlkiran

rvlkiran Novizio

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    It's the Virtue India system - similar functionality, 6.2" WinCE based touch-screen, but a different OEM than the official FIAT supplier. The boot lid opener works with remote, and so does the button from dashboard console.
  2. tarunactivity

tarunactivity Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    I meant to say, does it open on pressing the button on the head unit, after you lock the car using the remote.

I'm trying to understand if the unit draws power even when the car is off.

I guess the stock music system also can continue to play for 30 minutes after the engine/key is turned off.
  3. rvlkiran

rvlkiran Novizio

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    ok, for this scenario, I have to be sitting in the car & lock the doors using remote (so that I can operate the dashboard buttons). I never tested this scenario. Will check & update later.
  4. Vibbs

Vibbs Timido

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Well guys, decided to go for the Virtue India HU. Placed an order on their website, will be doing the installation on my own.
    Murphy_Fiat, rvlkiran and ghodlur like this.
  5. ssateesh

ssateesh Novizio

Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    Android or Win CE?
  6. Vibbs

Vibbs Timido

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi,
    Its the Win CE one.
  7. ssateesh

ssateesh Novizio

Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    Any particular reason why you chose wince with resistive screen against android one with capacitive screen?
  8. Vibbs

Vibbs Timido

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Two infact.

1. Virtue India has only Win CE one for Punto. Android one is for Evo, new Linea and Aventurra. I have a 2013 model Grande Punto.
    2. Saw a few Android based ones being sold out of Europe and also in Ali Express. However, price along with customs will take it well beyond my budget which is already stretched to buy this one.

I know the screen will not be as responsive as the ones we are used to in our cellphones, but my primary requirement is to have a unit, that can play songs from USB/Aux, as well as serve as a screen for reverse camera display.
    amitshedha, ghodlur and ssateesh like this.
  9. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @Vibbs

When is the unit expected to be delivered? We need a detailed review of the same. I initially thought you will drive down to Dharwad to get the unit installed.
  10. Vibbs

Vibbs Timido

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @ghodlur

It should be delivered next week. I have pinged them on Facebook to keep me posted about the status,though I have not received any updates.
    Of course I shall post a detailed review ,once the product has been installed and you are welcome to check it out in person(i keep travelling to mumbai on work and can drive down some day)..I intend to do the installation myself at least for the HU.The installation of reverse camera might need professional intervention because of the need to drill holes, that however would come later,and now it will be the installation of HU.