1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Linea and Punto clutch life

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by Justin Das, Apr 4, 2012.

1. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore
    In a bumper to bumper slow traffic you have to use clutch (half clutch) to control the vehicle.
    Actually more city driving reduces clutch life, I am a victim of driving 50-60km everyday in a heavy traffic and so my clutch shows sign of damage early.
  2. cgujral

cgujral Amatore

Delhi
    New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
  3. cgujral

cgujral Amatore

Delhi
    New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    Hi Varoon, I have been told by Thrust Motor, Rama Road that Clutch is not under warranty. They have diagnosed some vibration problem to clutch and asked for Clutch Kit Replacement. Could you help me how you got it done under warranty?

I had communicated with FIAT service and they sent me Extended warranty booklet. it says following are covered :

Clutch:
    Clutch pressure plate, clutch disc, release bearing, master and slave cylinder. (Failure due to worn or burnt clutches is not covered).

Now, interesting thing is what is "worn"

Secondly for Suspension Mounting Bracket and link rod ( Which is my other problem)

Suspension:
    Shock absorbers (restricted to leakage), bush / mechanical failure, control arms, upper & lower wishbones, spring. Strut mounting bearing.

So in a way both are covered but Mr. Bhupinder Singh GM of Thrust motors FASS, Rama Road, New Delhi has denied this. Think will have to take up this matter to higher ups in FIAT.
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
  4. Clutch kit replacement for Punto Sports

My punto sports lately has developed some issue with the 2, 3 and 4 gear. It would not pick up and the enginee will make a grunt. I took it to the showroom (AADYA motors) and they are saying to replace the clutch kit. I am surprised to say the least as the odo only reads 11k and I had just done my 2nd free service check 3 months back.

Also some black smoke is coming out when the clutch is pressed hard which I noticed in the service center itself.

Need some advise, the sooner the better as the service center is asking my approval to make the replacements.
  5. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    What is the problem. Your car will be under warranty I assume. give the clearance. Insist on them to replace the complete clutch assy. Anyway they are only gong to foot the bill. So ask for the complete package.

Abdul
    1 person likes this.
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    If they are asking for your approval, means they plan to charge you for Clutch. Make sure you get it replaced under warranty.
    1 person likes this.
  7. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    My 2009 Linea ran almost 30000 Kms on plastic CSC without any issues.i got it replaced to the new CSC under Fiat up gradation although it didn't give me any problems.

I have completed 79000 kms on the original clutch and its still going good.
  8. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    if lot of black smoke is there on acceleration then this is also a symptom of some problem with turbo hoses. hope they have checked that first.
  9. I have an extended warrenty. But the point they are making is improper use of the clutch, which I dont understand as everybody drives in a similar manner in a Bangalore traffic, I dont think I drive any different.

- - - Merged Post - - -

They have not checked the turbo hoses, the guy who is their manager says, they have to check about the pick up and clutch issues first. I asked them to show me what has happened to the clutch. The guy just drove it for 20 yards and saying the clutch kit is gone. I told him there could be something else and ask them to open it and check. Today at least they have agreed to open and check and if the clutch is really gone then replace. I have asked them to call me when they open it, so that I can check.
  10. cgujral

cgujral Amatore

Delhi
    New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    They simply deny warranty coverage at the first instance for anything & everything...I got my suspension changed under warranty after lot of deliberation. As for the clutch I still have to take on the battle. But, I suggest to you to ask them to speak to the guys approving the warranty coverage in front of you and ask for denial in writing...