1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Linea and Punto clutch life

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by Justin Das, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Skywalker9

Skywalker9

Bangalore
    Hey guys, just came back from kht motors Bangalore, they said my clutch kit is not under warranty! even with extended warranty, the car is 3 years today. 38k on odo, they will change the entire clutch kit and a thing called clutch s/c total cost close to 12k!! The problem it's difficult to shift into reverse makes noise and need more power!!
    want to know if I'm being fleeced.
    Whats the use of extended warranty if these things aren't covered...?
  2. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Reverse making noise,is not an indication of a clutch failure.
  3. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Then what it indicates???? Please explain.

As after 42K kms, my ride's clutch is became hard for first 2 gears & reverse is making some noise.
  4. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Does it make noise every time you engage reverse?
    I am not sure about the technical aspect,but i believe a member had explained the reason behind the noise,and people have found the reverse to be noisy even with a few thousand kms on the odo.
  5. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    It makes noise with some pull also. It is observed sometimes not always.
  6. Can I20 clutch be fitted into Punto?. I got a call from someone saying one of the local mechanic in blore has replaced the Punto clutch with I20 and it is doing fine!
  7. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Why on earth,would one want to fit an i20 clutch on a Punto?
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    i20 clutch in Punto. I've heard it all now.....
  9. animeshkumar15

animeshkumar15 Timido

BLR
    Even my Punto 1.3 Mjd, ~17.5k on the odo, when you start the car in morning its light, but after ~12 kms through traffic and potholed roads feels little heavier. the clutch travel seems to reduce.
  10. ranconteur

ranconteur Amatore

Delhi
    Hey these are the exact symptoms of a Clutch change , replace the Clutch Kit and gears would be fine :)