1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Linea and Punto clutch life

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by Justin Das, Apr 4, 2012.

1. I really do use the Dead Pedal all the time. Since my santro times I am used to resting my foot on dead pedal.
  2. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

The dead pedal is dead useless for me :), feet keep brushing with the clutch pedal when trying to lift them. I rest my feet on the floor.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    This is strange srida. Punto/Linea clutches very good and lasts long. Clutch replacement before 60k is unusual.
  4. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Grande Punto 1.4
    I got replaced my Puntos clutch replaced at 27k. The pedal was hard and there was noise while releasing clutch. They found that the release bearing was damaged, which had resulted in uneven wear of the pressure plate. As these days, they dont have the habit of replacing the damaged part alone, they replaced the clutch itself, at my own cost.
    1 person likes this.
  5. shams

shams Esperto

true. we need to lift the left foot every time to switch between dead pedal and clutch and vice versa! but even then i find it quite useful.

if one notices the angle of left foot while resting on dead pedal it is almost same as the angle of right foot with A-pedal pressed a bit. it indeed adds to a good driving position that way.
    2 people like this.
  6. sashank82

I guess the issue lies with usage, most of us do not even realize that our 'clutch' habits can reduce its life - the clutch is only used to 'dis-engage' the engine/change gears and nothing else. Never use the clutch and the accelarator together, EVER.

With this habit in place, all my cars (owned till now, 3 Maruti's, 3 Hyundai's and 2 Fiat's) have never required a clutch change before 80K-invariable the car was sold by then:). Fiats had only the 'salve cylinder' issue, that sorted, i have clocked 50 K in my 2010 Punto without a hitch. And looks good enough for another 40 K KMS.
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  7. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

You dont use the clutch when driving at high speeds,then why would it reduce its life?
    its the stop and go situations that reduce its life.
  8. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Power loss dut to clutch

My car clutch has done 74000 Kms in Linea MJD 2009. Now I feel the clutch is showing signs of wear.I feel gear vibrations, sometime idle rev, Sometimes jerking, low power in lower gears.The clutch peddle is fine and gear shift is ok.A worn out clutch might damage flywheel thus increase further cost and put unnecessary strain on engine.
    Any advise guys
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

74,000km's is good mileage from the clutch and even if the clutch kit needs changing, it is okay at this mileage.

Get it checked once for peace of mind.

10. Skywalker9

Hey guys, just came back from kht motors Bangalore, they said my clutch kit is not under warranty! even with extended warranty, the car is 3 years today. 38k on odo, they will change the entire clutch kit and a thing called clutch s/c total cost close to 12k!! The problem it's difficult to shift into reverse makes noise and need more power!!
    want to know if I'm being fleeced.
    Whats the use of extended warranty if these things aren't covered...?
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2013