1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Linea and Punto clutch life

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by Justin Das, Apr 4, 2012.

1. aashish_19

aashish_19 Amatore

Noida
    Grande Punto 1.2
    My Car got breakdown due to Clutch Issue and BRIZLAX MOTORS, Varanasi charged me around 6k for it despite my car is under warranty and the reason for this is that FIAT-TATA JV has been broken and till april'13 they are only providing warranty for Fiat cars. As my car got repaired on 11thMay'13 and so i have to pay them in cash against the change in Clutch kit. My car has done 23000 KM running so far.

@ALL Will i get the reimbursement from FIAT for the Clutch which got changed at TATA service center???
    Last edited: May 21, 2013
  2. PankajJoshi

PankajJoshi Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Linea 1.4
    I have a service call opened with FIAT for charging me for wiper water motor by Tejaswi Hyderabad. The person who called from FIAT did not even care to check what's under warranty and blindly said "sir yeh warranty mein nahi aata". No calls from FIAT. It's been over 2 weeks now. This time I will call to open a new service ticket instead of web option.
  3. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Put all details on their Facebook page and wherever possible. Sometimes we have to force them to respond.
  4. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    If JV ended on 13 th April, how they operate your car on 11th May?

They don't have right to repair fiat cars after expiry of JV.

I think that Tata ASS is clearing Fiat parts by doing such wrong act.

Call Mr. Mangesh.
  5. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    My Punto will complete 70,000 kms by this weekend. I feel the gears have become hard and does not get easily slotted sometimes. Is it better to get the clutch replaced @ 75K servicing as a preventive measure? I have just returned from a 3000km drive and would be doing another 1500 kms during this weekend.

Kiran
    1 person likes this.
  6. AnanthsFiat

AnanthsFiat

Bangalore
    Hi,

I have completed 52K within 2 years. recently I have observed trouble in shifting gears. any idea what could be the issue?

Regards
    Ananth
  7. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Today, SA @ Pandit Bavdhan, told me for the clutch replacement.

I was having issues in gear shifting. Mostly with 3rd as well as in reverse. Also in bumper to bumper traffic on 1st. Also the pain in the left leg is noticeable.

I am wondering, how three different SA has different opinions about this. During checkup camp I raised this issue.
    SA 1 told me this can be solved by changing Clutch cylinder kit.
    SA 2 told me the same as SA 1.

But today SA 3, told me that the clutch cylinder kit is OK but the problem is with clutch plate & pressure plate.
    Also the changing time for the same is 3 days..... :eek:
  8. biradarmb

biradarmb

Bangalore
    What is the average lifespan of Clutch-kit

Hi,

I own a FIAT PUNTO 1.2 Emotion , 2010 make,
    i have hardly drove 20K and found that the clutch plate has worn out.

I use clutch only
    1. during the changing gears
    2. and moving during traffic signals

and rest of the time my foot will be away from the clutch

I am worried why the lifespan of the clutch plate is so less.

regards
    Mrityunjay​
  9. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    1 person likes this.
  10. biradarmb

biradarmb

Bangalore
    Hi zenwalker,
    Thanks a lot , that link is really helpfull, i need to change my driving style during traffic, in traffic i usually use half clutch
    Regards
    Mrityunjay