1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Linea and Punto clutch life

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by Justin Das, Apr 4, 2012.

1. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Guys my clutch has done about 31000 and off late I've been feeling that it's become rather hard.
    So far at least I've not had any problems with slipping or trouble while gear shifting.
    The gear shifts are all smooth to my knowledge, but the clutch is definitely not butter smooth any ideas of how to figure out when the clutch will completely die ?
  2. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    For all the brothers facing hard gear shifting and in dilemma whether under warranty or not.Let me clarify its very much under warranty.I have got mine done 10 days back from him motors.Earlier i figured out this hard gear shifting with an advisor at ABS motors and he said sir,"we have done bleeding for the clutch and nothing else we can do it on this".i was like bu****** just bleeding will not suffice,took my car to him motors and got it changed under warranty.Parts changed were pressure plate and bearing.I had to pay for the bearing and no labor charges.

MY CAR WAS RUN 36K AND COMPLETED 23 MONTHS & 10 DAYS,WHEN I GOT IT IN WARRANTY.

PART IS CLUTCH SLEEVE BEARING DSL--0055218037, INR 524.44

IMG-20120708-00016.jpg

IMG-20120713-00032.jpg
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  3. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    At 47,000 kms,I had a problem last week with clutch,suddenly the it couldn't be slotted into any gear and I thought I was stuck.After a little struggle,I then managed to slot it into the first gear.Looks like time for replacement.
    From the very begining,clutch was notchy,I had so many times slotted it into the 3rd gear when the intention was to go to the 5th gear.
    My car is out of warranty,3 years and 3 months.
  4. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore
    @varoon , thanks for the info. I think you got it under regular warranty. Mine is extended warranty and was facing similar problem of hard clutch and gear shifting (Linea MJD) and TASS changed the clutch kit, charged 7K with labour. I asked them for warranty but they declined saying that my vehicle has run more than 45K.
    Since I am not in India could not fight with them over mail/phone, however I am going to confront them once I am back.
    I have asked them to place a claim and give me the rejection letter with reason. However I am not 100% sure whether this is covered under extended warranty.
  5. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Bala, Are you going to get it done at TAFE ? Tenzing does a good job . I am not sure if you will like to see the gates of TAFE. Anyway, if you are coming to Chennai, pls do inform us. it will be a pleasure to meet you.:)

Abdul
  6. fiat_fan

fiat_fan Amatore

Calicut
    For the last few days I feel clutch becomes hard and some noise while pressing it(When Engine is switched off). Gear shifting becomes very hard now.
    This problem started after the car being repaired at TASS for the Turbo charger issue...
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Can be the clutch pedal linkage and spring noise.

I had it too. Lubed the parts myself and the sound went away.

Cheers
  8. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Join the Party, Bala. I faced the same 2 issues you mentioned.

Fist, the 2nd issue. I also felt, from the very beginning that the clutch is hard. Realised only after I drove FastLove's Linea during Fiat factory visit. Got it changed under warranty.

Now the 1st issue you mentioned. After a month of changing the clutch, I faced the same issue. Suddenly, at a toll naka, the clutch stopped working. Could not slot it into any gear. I dreaded that the Clutch Slave Cylinder is gone and I got stranded on the road. Just then, after much difficulty, finally the gears got engaged. I sent the car to service station only to find that the clutch is burnt !!
  9. fiat_fan

fiat_fan Amatore

Calicut
    yeah , The sound was due to the same reason. They said clutch got bulged (I didnt ask where bcos I dont know much about clutch mechanism). They removed complete clutch system and re-installed... After that Clutch was very smooth and smooth as Brand new vehicle!!!!
    I am impressed with work of TASS in my home town Calicut... Marina motors...

The problem with many of the service centers in kerala is that there is only one SA. If he is on leave, no one is there instead TATA SA will be hearing our complaints...hope that independent dealerships and service centers will solve this issue
  10. sandeep_p

sandeep_p Timido

Mumbai
    I want to know how did you achieve this? The Balaji Auto world is saying that clutch assembly is to be changed and it is not under warranty. I have covered 27,000 KM till now and now the dealer is asking for 10,000 bucks for changing it.