1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Linea and Punto clutch life

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by Justin Das, Apr 4, 2012.

1. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    mine is a '09 punto and I've done about 27000km .. No sign of any problems with clutch,gearbox or any interiors..
    only thing is that the black coating on the door pane has shredded because I of perfume spill and I didnt clean it properly...
    Nothing else..
  2. Arryan

Arryan Regolare

Bhilai
    Linea 1.3
    For all FIAT owners at TFI, if you have any issues with the TASS or anything relating to servicing /warranty of your vehicle, please spare 5 minutes to put a mail at the following addresses :-

rajeev.kapoor@fiat.com : Rajiv Kapoor is CEO.
    Mangesh.Kodalkar@fiapl.com (Mobile - +91 2138 672764)

Please try this and see the difference, FIAT do respond to customer complains.
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
  4. Arryan

Arryan Regolare

Bhilai
    Linea 1.3
    Yes, Sir. That is the first thing that I have seen in this site.
    However, this was only meant for ready reference of members (particularly this thread), who seem to be in turmoil with the TASS.
  5. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore
    Yesterday I did 45k Service for my Linea MJD(47K) from KHT Mortors. SA adviced change of clutch as it has become hard it seems.
    I have not driven my car for last 7 months :(, since I am not in India, could not have a discussion with the SA. The clutch will cost around 5-6 k it seems.
    I have an extended warranty and after reading the Forum came to know hard clutch should be covered under warranty,thanks to teamFiat.
    I need to check whether I am still covered in the extended warranty after 47K.
    Just wondering that in case someone has not done a servicing at proper interval say I am doing @47k and missed 45K, has anything
    to do with warranty claim for parts like clutch becomes void ?

---------- Post added at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 PM ----------

@Gurjinder,
    Reading your post above it seems for hard clutch there is other solution than to change entire clutch kit ?
    Could you please suggest ? If I get the clutch under extended warranty that I will go for it, else I need some suggestions.
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2012
  6. PankajJoshi

PankajJoshi Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Linea 1.4
    I have Linea Emotion Pk Petrol with 16000 kms, April 2009.

2 months back at 14000 kms, TASS at Tejaswi Hyderabad asked me to replace clutch kit first when gears were hard. When I escalated to FIAT, the problem was resolved when gear cables were lubricated.

Now clutch is hard and they want to replace the clutch kit. It appears that they are in love with replacing clutch kits :) Completely frustrated, I spoke to workshop GM and he in turn called Mr. Rashekhar from Fiat. No communication then for a week. When I called back, I had to rant the whole story again back to the workshop manager Ram Chander. He then wrote to Fiat. Fiat wants to lubricate the clutch. There was a circular sent to TASS, but they didn't remember it and suggested me to replace the kit :shocked. So far I have not gone to workshop because of busy schedule.

The headlamps are black too, many other problems, never ending quality of service issues, but that's for another thread.

Over all I now feel that buying a fiat was a wrong decision. Spent more money in maintenance then the number of kilometers on the car.

Pankaj.
  7. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    I also had a big problem with the gear shifting... Gear Shifting got really hard... Its 2 and half year old beauty... They diagnosed that clutch assembly needs to be replaced... it was just 24996 Km. done at that time... I have got it replaced with the new one... paid them Rs.7000 to replace it... Fight with them is still on to cover it under warranty...
  8. I had a plastic clutch cylinder that failed at around 36k and now got a metallic one..!!
  9. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

Justin, I faced same issue in my Punto (Petrol) long back and only pressure plate was changed. It's working fine since then. One of my friend's (Deepak, a member of TFI) Punto (Diesel) also faced this issue and Dynamic Motors, Noida told him that whole clutch assembly needs to be changed. I asked him to take his Punto to Him Motors and get it checked. Him Motors replaced pressure plate and problem got resolved.

My suggestion is to get it checked properly, I am sure it's related to pressure plate only. All is happeneing because of lack of knowledge at TASC.
  10. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    Fought till the end :chair: and finally won it... got it replaced under warranty - Goodwill basis :dancing
    1 person likes this.