1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Linea and Punto clutch life

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by Justin Das, Apr 4, 2012.

1. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Good to know that your issue was fixed promptly by Sky people @Apoorv Moghe .
    Regarding choosing between Rudra/Sky, its just that there is hardly a positive experience from sky people in this forum including mine.
    If you feel like Sky was good for you, you should definitely stick with them. :)

SOOZ_P and Apoorv Moghe like this.
  2. singh

singh Amatore

My clutch started giving problems around 1 Lakh 20 thousand kms, and i changed clutch assembly from FASS when my car did 128000 kms. Symptoms were difficulty in engaging gears and reverse gear make huge grinding noises when engaged. As of today my car is 143000kms and going strong. FASS gave 10% discount and it costed me around 7400 rs

Bhoopathi Raja, SOOZ_P and gpunto75 like this.
  3. Jagmohan

Jagmohan Timido

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    A big thank you @kamikaze .... the above CRM suggestion helped a lot and I got my clutch replacement done for free, sorry to update so late.

pabhishek likes this.
  4. ShanGan

ShanGan Timido

Chennai
    Linea Classic
    Dear All,

I purchased my linea classic + on June'2014, after driving 45kms, I could feel clutch hardness. When checked fiat service, they asked to change the clutch assembly which costs around 12k.

Can anyone of please let me know does clutch assembly kit covers under warranty or it has to be paid.

5. VikasGurPunto

VikasGurPunto Timido

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Clutch assembly is not covered in warranty. You can consider buying directly Luk or Valeo clutch set and replace at any FNG. the clutch set will cost you INR 3000 and FNG will charge around INR 1500

6. ShanGan

ShanGan Timido

Chennai
    Linea Classic
    Thanks for your suggestion...how about the qquality of the clutch

7. SparesnCare

SparesnCare Timido

India
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Original is luk made..

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

8. onesky

onesky Timido

Hi All,
    My 2009 Linea Emotion reverse gear been intermittently making noise since last few months and its getting more often now. Mechanic inspection says clutch disc needs to be replaced. Since the car is 8 years old I am not keen on genuine clutch and wondering if any other clutches would suit ? car only done 66k on odometer. (mechanics offered genuine clutch set costs 8.5k vs 4k for equivalent Indica Vista clutch or similar )
    Wondering of 8.5k genuine clutch is worth or can I get away with equivalent option ?
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 3, 2017 ---
    Hi All,
    My 2009 Linea Emotion reverse gear been intermittently making noise since last few months and its getting more often now. Mechanic inspection says clutch disc needs to be replaced. Since the car is 8 years old I am not keen on genuine clutch and wondering if any other clutches would suit ? car only done 66k on odometer. (mechanics offered genuine clutch set costs 8.5k vs 4k for equivalent Indica Vista clutch or similar )
    Wondering of 8.5k genuine clutch is worth or can I get away with equivalent option ?

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
  9. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

You can go for vista clutch and it is direct fit.
    You may feel little bit heavy in clutch operation compared to OEM clutch set.

10. onesky

onesky Timido

thanks , any idea on prices of genuine ? if 8.5k is reasonable I dont mind

Rahul2013 likes this.