1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Linea and Punto clutch life

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by Justin Das, Apr 4, 2012.

1. bibin

bibin Regolare

@linea4me

i don't think worn out cluth/pressure plates are covered under warranty for any manufacturer, i believe you can ask for some goodwill discount since the failure is premature.

thanks

2. ccprakash

ccprakash Regolare

Last week i have changed my clutch assembly at 42000/- kms. Mine is 60% city and remaining in highways. I faced gear shift is too hard in 1st and 2nd. I have gone to KHT service center, they verified and changed the clutch assembly. Now the gear shift is smooth.

But i wanted to know how the gear shift and clutch assembly are related?

3. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    There is a direct relation mate.
    Clutch is the mediator between engine shaft and gear box. When you press clutch, actually clutch disengages from the gear shaft and when you release the clutch it engages to gear shaft. So normally when you drive without pressing clutch then it is in engaged position and transmitting motion from engine to gear box.
    The clutch assembly constituents of clutch plate, pressure plate, master cylinder and slave cylinder.
    The difficulty experienced in gear shifting is primarily due to wearing out of pressure plate and master / slave cylinder. Once replaced the regularity was restored on your car.

@ linea4me, 25k is very less milage on the odometer, iam sure Fiat will give a good will discount do check with them.

Cheers,
    Pradeep

ccprakash, linea4me and Turbothinghy like this.
  4. linea4me

linea4me Amatore

kerala
    Linea 1.3
    PradeepM, I have no issues in shifting or any such related with clutch. Only issue is the clutch pedal is hard compared to other Fiat's. Whom should I contact to get it replaced. Dealer is saying they can't contact fiat for clutch warranty issue. Kindly guide me how I should proceed.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
  5. sunswape

sunswape Regolare

The only way out is replacing both clutch and pressure plate together. Dont run here and there, wont be yielding any benefit.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

6. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Get the spring checked mate, sometimes it can be a simple thing like the spring in the pedal gets hard.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.

linea4me likes this.
  7. Apoorv Moghe

Apoorv Moghe Timido

Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Guys
    My car is July 2014 linea tjet. The odo is at 39k. Today I experienced very hard gear change, and it was impossible to change gear even after pressing clutch completely. I had terrible time reaching home,but by the time I reached home clutch becomes very loose. I believe the clutch plate need replacement??

Is this usual for linea to replace clutch plate at just 39k? I see some of the comments that it works alteast until 50 k.Mine is 70% city and 30% highway driving.

Does the replacement comes under warranty, I have extended warranty?

8. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi @Apoorv Moghe ! Welcome to the Tfi forum.
    Clutch isn't part of extended warranty . If your issue is still there and reproducible, take it to Fass and get it checked, might be some related part of clutch may need repair or replacement.
    Depending on what Fass says, be sure to get it double checked with some good local repair shop as well.

Further based on your profile I will advise you to go to Rudra Fass instead of sky.
    Keep us updated as well.

Apoorv Moghe likes this.
  9. Apoorv Moghe

Apoorv Moghe Timido

Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    @pabhishek Thank you Abhishek. I will post update. Unfortunately i had to take to Sky Moto because it needs towing. Since I live in wakad, that was convenient/closer. But surely next time i will keep in mind about Rudra FASS

At first check it doesn't seems to be clutch plate issue, instead issue with some inner clutch cylinder. However exact issue will come to know today.

Cheers
    Apoorv

pabhishek and PradeepM like this.
  10. Apoorv Moghe

Apoorv Moghe Timido

Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Guys,
    In continuation to my last comments, here is an update. There was issue with Clutch master cylinder and Sleeve T/Obearing which had to replace as there was oil leakage from it, which spread on the clutch assembly & broke down. SKY MOTO replaced it under warranty. So i didn't have to pay much except labor and few small fixes which i asked for.

So far its working fine, clutch is smooth and transmission works well. However as you guys suggest, I will try Rudra for next full service.

Cheers,
    Apoorv

pabhishek and PradeepM like this.