1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Linea and Punto clutch life

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by Justin Das, Apr 4, 2012.

1. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    why gear lever assembly and starter kit...are u facing any issues with them.
  2. Rahul2013

Rahul2013 Timido

Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Some time facing problem in gear shifting not able to change the gear and also starting problem in the morning.
  3. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Gear shifting issues would be related to clutch.
  4. Prabhash Gaur

Prabhash Gaur Timido

Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Got my clutch changed after 94500kms. It feels good now. The mechanic told that with the stiffness also I cud have driven it for more 10k. But it's better to change it soon if you are a car enthusiast.
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    First clutch .i.e stock clutch lasted long for 1 Lakh 47K Kms and replaced this with new one.

Was about to start my journey filled the tank at fuel station and hardly drove 100meters and found that was unable to change the gears at all.when engine is switched off the gear slots effortlessly and smoothly. Towed the vehicle to nearest FASS. Clutch needs to be replace now, which has ran only for 41K Kms.So the Quality of parts too matters and not only the driving style'' or more running on highways or city''.
    PradeepM, vista7155 and Rahul2013 like this.
  6. Rahul2013

Rahul2013 Timido

Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Today my clutch set completely gone at 80000 km.
  7. Kaushal Singh

Kaushal Singh Timido

Faridabad Haryana
    Linea 1.3
    Pretty shocked to read some of the experiences here about the clutch life.

My Linea 2014- 46000 +Kms, has done multiple hill and highway trips.

Did the LEH circuit last year where there was a strong burning smell at least thrice while driving through water crossings and slush. But that has been 20 k Kms behind now, and the clutch is still going strong and feels like day 1 i.e. no hardness, loss of power, slippage etc.
    Iyu likes this.
  8. Rahul2013

Rahul2013 Timido

Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Is it possible to go leh with our punto 90hp.
  9. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Why Not .
    When a Nano can do it, the Punto is way ahead and can easily absorb what ever it needs on the Leh trip.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
  10. Kaushal Singh

Kaushal Singh Timido

Faridabad Haryana
    Linea 1.3
    Totally LEH very much doable in Punto, In fact FIAT cars have 2 big advantages (over other hatchbacks and sedans) while taking tough roads.
    1) Nearly flat/covered under body
    2) Metal Sump guards.

Some tips for things to watch-out though.

1) Keep it light. Don't take too many passengers. Two people and luggage will be ideal. We saw duster with 5 PAX+ luggage taking underbody hits everywhere.
    2) Pererebly do it post monsoons i.e. Late August to October. The roads are better with less chances of landslides. The water crossing that will be overflowing in monsoons will be much more tamable.
    3) Prepare yourself and the car. Start exercising few months in advance. Nothing will come handy as good health when you're stuck at a 5000m+ pass in a landslide.
    4) Don't rush. Give yourself ample time acclimatization and to do the trip. You'll enjoy more.

So get LEH'd. Good Luck! :)
    pabhishek, bibin and PradeepM like this.